2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Leaving the game and will get 5 hours of sleep. Totally worth it.

A bit of a 3P scare.

#ALLCAPS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Flames started real strong too, i can hear everybody outside all excited haha

saturday will be a lot of fun

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leaving the game and will get 5 hours of sleep. Totally worth it.

A bit of a 3P scare.

#ALLCAPS

Yeah, 2 breakaways in a row, then wide open shot in the slot and a rebound chance right before they made it 3-1. Any one of those gets buried and I think we cruise to easy win instead of the nervous finish that it ended up. Doesn't matter how many goals you win by though, they all count the same in the playoffs. Nice to see Backstrom and Ovechkin going already.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Flames started real strong too, i can hear everybody outside all excited haha

saturday will be a lot of fun

Just after writing that post shitting on our goalies, and Mike Smith goes and gets a shutout. They proved me wrong in the regular season, here's hoping they can in the playoffs too.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, 2 breakaways in a row, then wide open shot in the slot and a rebound chance right before they made it 3-1. Any one of those gets buried and I think we cruise to easy win instead of the nervous finish that it ended up. Doesn't matter how many goals you win by though, they all count the same in the playoffs. Nice to see Backstrom and Ovechkin going already.

They definitely had a few chances to make it less nerve wracking at the end, but I thought the caps looked listless for long periods. Carolina had plenty of chances to take the game in their own right. Here's to hoping Tampa somehow goes out in the first round though!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Carolina came to play. From the get go they were flat out more aggressive. Unfortunately for the canes that aggression led to dumb mistakes and penalties on their part. We had what 4-5 powerplays and scored on two of them? There were at least 4 fights too lol. We just had better precision and more cohesiveness. They missed a lot of chances.

Could be full sweep if they don’t better their D Saturday.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it's just painful to watch that many huge chances right at the start of the 3rd go wanting and them to score their first goal right after that flurry. Honestly after we went up a couple of goals in the 1st felt like we were trying to put the game to sleep (not that I think that's a good thing most of the time). We can definitely play better, but we also kept a bunch to the outside, at least through the first 2 periods. Once we blew those chances (Mrazek made a good save or two, and we kinda just shot pucks right into him) and they scored, they turned it up and started getting more quality stuff.

Fadaar

That guy
glad i'm not one to compulsively drink or i'd be in a coma right now

... at least it's first to 4 wins?