2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The really stupid part about the call is that if they give you the minor penalty for goalie interference (as opposed to just ruling a no goal for incidental contact) you can't even use your challenge on the play. Wasn't trying to downplay the importance cause it happened in a big moment and all that. I just can't fathom having Burns and Karlsson out there on the same PP and going 1/8 and giving up 2 short-handed goals against. That to me is just shooting yourself in the foot on a much bigger level than even that bad call against.

I mostly agree, though Karlsson was playing like shit. Two bad passes from him ended up in the back of our net.

The goal tending was also horrendous. If Fleury were playing like he was last year, we'd be boned.

If Jones didn't magically start to suck, this series would be in the bag for the sharks at least. 5on5 they destroy VGK.

I think it's over, though. Vlasic, Couture, Meier, Pavelski and likely Karlsson are all playing injured.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mostly agree, though Karlsson was playing like shit. Two bad passes from him ended up in the back of our net.

The goal tending was also horrendous. If Fleury were playing like he was last year, we'd be boned.

If Jones didn't magically start to suck, this series would be in the bag for the sharks at least. 5on5 they destroy VGK.

I think it's over, though. Vlasic, Couture, Meier, Pavelski and likely Karlsson are all playing injured.

It's a shame because healthy sharks are one of the scariest teams in the NHL. I think Karlson is similar to Hedman right now in that they both probably shouldn't be playing. It's rough sitting your top D cause they aren't healthy enough to play and they probably don't even know it. Hockey players minds are on another level when it comes to ignoring pain and skating through injuries but the body can only do so much of what the mind wills it to do until it can't be pushed to what you want it to do.

On a bright note here's 5'10 168lb braydent point holding his own against a 6'2 210 lb Werenski.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Werenski got beat in that fight, but to be fair that's his first fight ever. He's usually a very calm player. Tort's got asked about it in the post game interview. He started grinning and said he loved seeing him finally fight.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nashville has the best fan base in hockey man. Wish Tampa was 1/2 the fan base Nashville was.

BTW Kuch got 1 game, I thought he deserved 2 minimum. Hopefully this kicks Tampa into overdrive tomorrow.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brooks Fucking Orpik scored an OT playoff winner? I literally kept saying that at the bar after it happened. Bad idea to let Kuznetsov have all the time he wants behind the net like that, but I guarantee nobody was expecting Orpik to go top shelf with a rip. Honestly I felt Holtby kind of gave this game away with the first 2 goals against today. No idea why they were challenging the first goal against, save for the San Jose disallowed goal being so ridiculous...b/c that's a good goal all day every day, Holtby spinning completely around made zero sense. The second goal against was weak, too. But it doesn't matter, win is a win, Ovechkin looks great, so does Backstrom...2-0 lead is good.

Fadaar

That guy
Boo wish the Lightning had the noon game tomorrow so it wouldn't overlap with GoT, just noticed that. Fuck Pittsburgh.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Daddy Batya scoring has me doing a head scratcher but a win is a win. We got plenty of W’s last playoffs that had me peeking the corners into my tv room. At Caps Arena I just hold my breath and hum Beethoven’s 9th like Alex from ClockWork Orange.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see Kadri wants to one up himself from last year. Can't let Kuch steal the spot light. Although that hit into the curved glass was bullshit. Thank god that glass is curved now at least.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yall wish you were tampa fans. Choking like this doesn't happen very often. You gotta work for a historic season to fall this hard. History books one way or the other

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
WTF Tampa? Learning that playoff hockey certainly nothing like regular season hockey. I'm not a fan but was hoping for *something* more than this meltdown. Anyone in the know want to share some insights? Curious wtf their problem is. Does their GM suck so badly theyre lacking players with playoff gritt and experience?

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I can't find it but the team finishing first rarely get far in playoff. (In the last 20 seasons.)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF Tampa? Learning that playoff hockey certainly nothing like regular season hockey. I'm not a fan but was hoping for *something* more than this meltdown. Anyone in the know want to share some insights? Curious wtf their problem is. Does their GM suck so badly theyre lacking players with playoff gritt and experience?

More of a coaching issue then gm issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I’m baffled too.