2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keep reading about how Columbus won the first 2 games on the road against us last year, too. People are forgetting though they did that against Grubauer, then Holtby came in and won 4 straight, went 16-6 overall. Jackets have won these 2 games putting 9 goals behind Vas.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is Cooper play Rutta and Erne over Cobourn and Callahan? Also Lightning need to get some fucking discipline, it's absolutely ridiculous how personal they are playing.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep reading about how Columbus won the first 2 games on the road against us last year, too. People are forgetting though they did that against Grubauer, then Holtby came in and won 4 straight, went 16-6 overall. Jackets have won these 2 games putting 9 goals behind Vas.

Caps also didn't let 7 GAA before they scored. Definitely isn't the same at all. I think they should put Domingue in next game either way and see how that turns out.

Merrith

Caps also didn't let 7 GAA before they scored. Definitely isn't the same at all. I think they should put Domingue in next game either way and see how that turns out.

I might still roll with Vas, b/c a lot of people were talking like he should have gotten pulled after we went up 2-0 against you guys in the ECF and he turned it around to have a very solid next few games.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might still roll with Vas, b/c a lot of people were talking like he should have gotten pulled after we went up 2-0 against you guys in the ECF and he turned it around to have a very solid next few games.

Yea to be fair a lot of the goals on Vassy were the D's fault. I don't think Hedman is healthy enough to play and should probably be sat for Couborn, at the very least Rutta should. He's letting Jackets get net front presence way to easy and then they get open nets and amazing screens. I actually feel bad for Vassy.

Merrith

Yea to be fair a lot of the goals on Vassy were the D's fault. I don't think Hedman is healthy enough to play and should probably be sat for Couborn, at the very least Rutta should. He's letting Jackets get net front presence way to easy and then they get open nets and amazing screens. I actually feel bad for Vassy.

The funny thing is as bad as it looks...you go out and win Game 3 and you're just within 1 of even. Momentum can flip just that quick.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Refs trying to hand VGK even more, as if they need it. Should be 4-3 Sharks right now, but the zebras have tonight's coke money on the line.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Lets go Blues!!

They forced the Jets to fight for every inch of ice the entire game and wore them out.

ALEXA. FUCKING PLAY 'GLORIA'!!

Merrith

Refs trying to hand VGK even more, as if they need it. Should be 4-3 Sharks right now, but the zebras have tonight's coke money on the line.

The wave off was suspect. Hard to complain too much though when you go something like 1/8 on the PP and allow 2 shorties, though :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Merrith is 100% right lmao, cant blame a loss on 1 miscall when the sharks choked hard on the what... 20+ penalties vegas got that game and still scored twice during em?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Merrith is 100% right lmao, cant blame a loss on 1 miscall when the sharks choked hard on the what... 20+ penalties vegas got that game and still scored twice during em?

The comment was posted before they blew the rest of the game. That call totally shifted the game, though. You could totally see the deflation in the team. It didn't help that Couture then took one to the balls, and Vlasic took one to the wrist(think he only played like 1:08 in the second).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kucherov pulling dirty stuff upset his team was going to lose 2 straight at home...you don't say.

He should get 3 games, maybe just sit him the series. Get your fucking shit together.

EDIT: I had people at the game and apparently they were booing him because he had been playing dirty all game. Tripping people constantly. Guy needs to seriously adjust his mental state.

Merrith

He should get 3 games, maybe just sit him the series. Get your fucking shit together.

EDIT: I had people at the game and apparently they were booing him because he had been playing dirty all game. Tripping people constantly. Guy needs to seriously adjust his mental state.

I don't think he should get 3, because that's what Kadri got last year for a very similar hit but the distance traveled by Kadri was considerably further (basically charging across the ice to hit a guy that was clearly down against the boards). 1 game I think is likely, 2 possible.

Merrith

The comment was posted before they blew the rest of the game. That call totally shifted the game, though. You could totally see the deflation in the team. It didn't help that Couture then took one to the balls, and Vlasic took one to the wrist(think he only played like 1:08 in the second).

The really stupid part about the call is that if they give you the minor penalty for goalie interference (as opposed to just ruling a no goal for incidental contact) you can't even use your challenge on the play. Wasn't trying to downplay the importance cause it happened in a big moment and all that. I just can't fathom having Burns and Karlsson out there on the same PP and going 1/8 and giving up 2 short-handed goals against. That to me is just shooting yourself in the foot on a much bigger level than even that bad call against.