2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean my team got absolutely embarrassed and slaughtered in the first round. Yet here I am. No other sport would have me interested after what happened. There are really so many great things about hockey. The main thing is the pacing. You can go 5-10 minutes sometimes without a whistle. In football its a whistle every play and a commercial break every 2 minutes. I mean on one hand I wish hockey a ton of success and want them to outpace the other 3 sport franchises, on the other I don't want it to become so commercialized and corporate like the NFL.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to be honest, I haven't watched much of round 2. Usually after Caps lose I need to take a round off from watching the games live, although I follow the scores.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Watching a lot more hockey over football the last few years (mostly due to the uh... quality of the Tampa teams) it really is sad how terrible football is overall. About the only way it can keep my interest on Sundays is redzone.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to be honest, I haven't watched much of round 2. Usually after Caps lose I need to take a round off from watching the games live, although I follow the scores.

Same but I’m over the butthurt and watching a bit. Round 3 I’ll be back into it.

Last edited:

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Parayko hit him with a full blast slap shot on the chest and he went down and didnt get back up until after the Blues scored.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
I am going to the Jackets game tonight and I am pretty excited while extremely nervous. Ticket prices went down on the secondary market. I am hoping the fans aren't quitting on them but we will see. Jackets need to have a good 1st period which we've yet to do in this series.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going to the Jackets game tonight and I am pretty excited while extremely nervous. Ticket prices went down on the secondary market. I am hoping the fans aren't quitting on them but we will see. Jackets need to have a good 1st period which we've yet to do in this series.

Hate to say it but.....

You’ll be sleeping on Uber Uberest Uber Uberest couch.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jackets need discipline and they need to shut down the top line. Having last change might help with that but they really have to step up their neutral game if they intend to outpace the Bruins tonight.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm pulling hard for the Blue Jackets because I don't want to have to go to Boston for a stupid parade.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, refs trying hard to decide this game already in the first period. Penalty that wasn't a penalty, and if it was, an embellishment penalty should also have been awarded.

Well, Toronto got it right and called the goal back. Maybe there is hope.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yup. Refs deciding it. Holy crap, game not decided on skill or what is right, but bullshit the refs decide.

I guarantee Toronto is going to discipline after that shit.

Edit: also, if Boston ends up winning, I'll likely mail a box of shit to them. Or perhaps I'll hire someone to throw it during the parade. That will be my only participation in their celebration.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Welp, better team won. Columbus just has no finish, even with a 5 minute major I doubt they score there. Just no puck luck. Torts' post game interview should be fun.

Good news for the Canes, McAvoy should be getting a few games.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
So disappoing. Our stars didn't show up. As much as I want to blame the refs, the better team won. Not enough pressure from the Jackets.