2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Damn Bruins starting to unravel.
Meh, if Bob can play the way he did last night for two more games none of that stuff matters. I may be biased against Boston, but I think CBJ has just as many offensive weapons as the Bruins at this point. Atkinson needs to get going, but Duchene has risen to the occasion and Panarin is the best forward on the ice at all times.

Also Torts is out coaching Cassidy so far. B's tried to play the heavy checking game in games 1 and 2 trying to catch the "cold" Blue Jackets sleeping and ended up wearing themselves out. Think CBJ had almost twice their hits in game three and Bob stole the show. Having said that, these are two well matched teams and expect it to go to 7 either way.
I hate Boston. Yeah, I'm saying it again.

See you boys at the parade.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve got 2 kids now, my poopsocking days are over. I’ll see you when they are 10 and 12

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember the game against the Canes we had as the Lightning near the end of the season. They looked amazing in that game and it seems they've been able to stick with their game plan instead of try to adapt to "playoff" hockey like some other dumb teams (hi guys tb fan here). Their forecheck is some of the best I've seen in the playoffs.

Fadaar

That guy
^ that was one of like 2 games I went to this year, on the ice for $170. Can't do that shit in Tampa, was worth the drive.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Poop on Carolina. I don't mind them winning, but I hate series cut short. I want at least 6 games, otherwise, this time of year, there's less hockey on.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dallas won tonight too. At this point I think you have to root for the wild card team just for the absurdity of it all.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Holy fuck that's ice cold.

How bout those Jerks. Canes twitter has been on point all season. The best part at the end (which the clip really doesn't show) is when Nelson looks back at Dougie Hamilton like he's in the twilight zone.

I got to admit, if you would of told me the Canes are going to defeat the defending champs in 7 and then just dismantle the Islanders in R2 with a sweep before the playoffs started I would of thought you were crazy but here we are. They actually keep getting better as these games go on. ECF is going to be tough no matter who it is (can actually have home ice if it's CBJ which is insane).

Also on the head tap by Nelson, since that happened the Canes outscored the Isles 8-2. Also Nelson had a grand total of 1 point in the entire series.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case you were wondering canes have never not made the ecf. Also, ready for tomorrow

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
As a black man....I'm REALLY not allowed to say this. DAMN playoff hockey is good. Shit is edge of your seat, looking between your fingers good, if you have a rooting interest for any team. Entertaining at the least if you don't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users