2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Glad the Avs could pull out the win in their building. Was a good game with lots of tension at the end. The Pepsi Center is going to be real busy the next couple weeks. Avs coming home and the Nuggets about to start their series against Portland. Hope that doesnt mess with the ice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Funny how quickly I got over being butthurt we lost(3-4 days of butthurt) and now I’m just loving Hockey.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wondered what would be tougher Canes having to play 7 games and overtime in Game 7 with quick turnaround or Islanders being off for so long.

Pros will say they will always take the rest but staying sharp counts for something. Canes have been playing playoff hockey since January 1st.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing the Pens and Caps go down gave me the warm and fuzzies but then Toronto had to go and shit the bed. That's all the Leafs are good for -- disappointment. Please for the love of god Columbus, knock the Bruins off so I can truly enjoy the playoffs.

Wouldn't you like to see Thorton crush Boston's hopes in the Finals though?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Couture is a beast. I think he passed Crosby and is only behind Ovi for playoff goals in the last decade.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I honestly didn't know whether to Worf this or Picard it. Marchand is such a clown he brings so much entertainment to the NHL. It's gonna be sad to see him go when somebody breaks his tiny little neck off a back check.

I honestly don't think CBJ should've won that last game, or the game before that. They've won both times because of poor penalities and powerplays Bruins shouldn't be taking. Bruins offense is about 10x better, and if it weren't for the insane D of CBJ things would not look good for Columbus. CBJ's forecheck has looked pretty poor, and their passing isn't great either. Luckily they can skate and handle the puck and of course shoot it so at least they have that going for them.

If Boston can tighten up their discipline they have this series in 6

Sharks looking like the dangerous team they are supposed to be, and St Louis is like the LIghtning without the choke.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couture is a beast. I think he passed Crosby and is only behind Ovi for playoff goals in the last decade.

edit: nvm Crosby and crew have more points but Couture might have more goals. Trying to figure out how to query that.

edit again:, if I did this right, then you are completely correct sir.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I honestly didn't know whether to Worf this or Picard it. Marchand is such a clown he brings so much entertainment to the NHL. It's gonna be sad to see him go when somebody breaks his tiny little neck off a back check.

I honestly don't think CBJ should've won that last game, or the game before that. They've won both times because of poor penalities and powerplays Bruins shouldn't be taking. Bruins offense is about 10x better, and if it weren't for the insane D of CBJ things would not look good for Columbus. CBJ's forecheck has looked pretty poor, and their passing isn't great either. Luckily they can skate and handle the puck and of course shoot it so at least they have that going for them.

If Boston can tighten up their discipline they have this series in 6

Sharks looking like the dangerous team they are supposed to be, and St Louis is like the LIghtning without the choke.

Meh, if Bob can play the way he did last night for two more games none of that stuff matters. I may be biased against Boston, but I think CBJ has just as many offensive weapons as the Bruins at this point. Atkinson needs to get going, but Duchene has risen to the occasion and Panarin is the best forward on the ice at all times.

Also Torts is out coaching Cassidy so far. B's tried to play the heavy checking game in games 1 and 2 trying to catch the "cold" Blue Jackets sleeping and ended up wearing themselves out. Think CBJ had almost twice their hits in game three and Bob stole the show. Having said that, these are two well matched teams and expect it to go to 7 either way.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Fuck the Hurricanes.

Why does no team I like win? I'm so cursed. I honestly just don't care anymore about these playoffs.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really thought the Isles would put up a better fight. I knew they were limping but this is surprising.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Stars are giving the Blues all they can handle. They started slashing Bishop at the end of the 2nd.

I really think the Stars do win this in 6 now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Should be up 3-1, been the better team in every game but the first I think.

Scoring for fun, been a fun ride so far. Love seeing all the Dallas guys at the games, Irvin, Aikman, Dirk, Zeke etc. The support has been terrific

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These playoffs make no sense. I've been watching hockey for the past 20 years and I've never seen as many upsets as this in the playoffs.