2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Av's gonna be legit, they had a hell of a draft. Edmonton continue to be fucking retards. I'm obviously super stoked, but this was a boring draft trade-wise.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Surprised the Hawks didn't take the local kid Turcotte but still happy with the size prospect I guess. We needed another center like a mofo.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Well theres the Leafs cap space. Not a big fan of it myself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Always love seeing the salary dump trades like that. Think my favorite was the trade a few years back where the Texans traded Osweiler and a 2nd to the Browns for basically nothing.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

salary cap number is in.

Yeah this shit sucks. Especially with how late it gets set. Can pretty much nix any chance the Capitals bring back Connolly or Burakovsky now. Just not enough cash to go around.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a wise poet once said, "Wake me up when September ends."

Not going to lie. Being able to metro from my house to the god damn game is one of the coolest experiences ever. Walking off the metro with thousands of other fans from Chinatown into Caps Arena rocks. I’ll be there opening day.

Also they are selling Rita’s mix with alcohol on level 300.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not going to lie. Being able to metro from my house to the god damn game is one of the coolest experiences ever. Walking off the metro with thousands of other fans from Chinatown into Caps Arena rocks. I’ll be there opening day.

Also they are selling Rita’s mix with alcohol on level 300.

Yeah, same deal with MSG. Being able to pre game on the way to the venue with a bunch of other fans is good shit. Unfortunately ticket prices are so high (and probably even higher next year) I can only afford to see a handful of games a year.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, same deal with MSG. Being able to pre game on the way to the venue with a bunch of other fans is good shit. Unfortunately ticket prices are so high (and probably even higher next year) I can only afford to see a handful of games a year.

I'm sure MSG are much higher than ours down here, which sucks for you guys...but man I can remember how cheap prices were even in Ovechkin's first year compared to now, it's crazy. In '08 when we finally made the playoffs again, I could get 200 level tickets for $100 or cheaper. Nowadays it's not even close to that anymore.