2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Theres the JT Miller trade.

I like Miller and his contract but the price was too high

A 1st? Get the fuck out of here JB.

Never give up a first...eapically if your a bottom 4 team is like the Canucks are.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure MSG are much higher than ours down here, which sucks for you guys...but man I can remember how cheap prices were even in Ovechkin's first year compared to now, it's crazy. In '08 when we finally made the playoffs again, I could get 200 level tickets for $100 or cheaper. Nowadays it's not even close to that anymore.

Rangers games at MSG are $200 for shitty nosebleed seats even when they're in last place by a mile and phoning it in like they were last year. Islanders games are 1/3 the price or less. It is super convenient to be able to just ride the subway to the games though, whereas Islanders games are somewhat annoying to get to if they're at Barclay's and a legit disaster if they're at Nassau

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Yeesh, that's why I miss being on weekend shift. Go to the Mon-Wed games for cheap in Tampa, plus it gives me an excuse to hang out with friends and family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Wtf is going on in New Jersey?

Should be full Rebuild, But traded for a $9mm per year 30 year old declining defensemen with a bad back who seems to get in lockroom trouble? Makes no sense to me.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wtf is going on in New Jersey?

Should be full Rebuild, But traded for a $9mm per year 30 year old declining defensemen with a bad back who seems to get in lockroom trouble? Makes no sense to me.

View attachment 212574

They are a desperate market who will do anything to sell tickets basically. Also, trying to sweeten the pot to get Hall to stay. Hope he leaves for the laughs.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Well theres the Leafs cap space. Not a big fan of it myself.

I still haven't figured out the point of this from a Canes perspective. From what I've read, it doesn't look like Marleau is ever going to play in Carolina. This was just an attempt to buy another pick by doing the Leafs a solid and allowing them to clear some cap space. A team that they are probably going to be competing against for a playoff spot next year.

All indications do point to the Canes having a really good draft. Just not sure if they've actually improved the team for 19-20 at this stage (while others in the Metro are improving).

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still haven't figured out the point of this from a Canes perspective. From what I've read, it doesn't look like Marleau is ever going to play in Carolina. This was just an attempt to buy another pick by doing the Leafs a solid and allowing them to clear some cap space. A team that they are probably going to be competing against for a playoff spot next year.

All indications do point to the Canes having a really good draft. Just not sure if they've actually improved the team for 19-20 at this stage (while others in the Metro are improving).

Carolina is in the Metro and the Leafs in the Atlantic. Only way they compete for a playoff spot is for a wild card and I dont think at this time theres any reason to think the Leafs would drop back. All in all, a 1st round pick is a great pick up to do another team a solid.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, solid return IMO. Keep in mind that pick can always be flipped for a nice rental at the TDL as well if need be. If not, next years draft is supposed to be insane. Hate to see Leafs get semi bailed out though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, solid return IMO. Keep in mind that pick can always be flipped for a nice rental at the TDL as well if need be. If not, next years draft is supposed to be insane. Hate to see Leafs get semi bailed out though.

Seems like there's always some GM out there ready to bail out another team from a terrible cap situation.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vancouver gets hit with 3 million in dead cap for the next 3 years with luongo retirement. Such a dumb rule.

• 1Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Avalanche havent done much other than the draft and trading Carl Soderberg. However. The Stadium Series will go to the Air Force Academy in February. Should be a pretty cool game to go to. The stadium isnt that big so there wont be a bad seat. Wonder if they will have a section just for the cadets like at the football games...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Avalanche havent done much other than the draft and trading Carl Soderberg. However. The Stadium Series will go to the Air Force Academy in February. Should be a pretty cool game to go to. The stadium isnt that big so there wont be a bad seat. Wonder if they will have a section just for the cadets like at the football games...

Supposed to get Kreider for their second first rounder, but wisely declined when Newhook was still on the board. There is still some interest though so maybe something to keep an eye on. Either way, Av's are gonna be a really good team for awhile. They killed the draft, adding to an already legit young core. Makar and Byram are gonna be deadly in a few years.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Took my son to the Cardinals game tonight. It was blues appreciation night and they had the Stanley cup there. Was pretty cool

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Avs are going to do something wild like sign panarin or offer sheet marner.