2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guess the rumors another top 10 team was looking at them made him gun shy to try trading back.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Shit is Crazy. Thinking this lack of Cap news has teams scared to make moves, super quiet on that front.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
God I hope this pick works out for the Wings, we desperately need help on D. I can only think that nobody was willing to make a decent deal for us to trade down.

Trust in Stevie...trust in Stevie...trust in Stevie...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Considering all the D that jumped up, seems safe to assume they knew someone else wanted Seider and they didn't wanna take the chance. I don't know much beyond what these professionals spew, but seems like a huge reach which is kinda odd for a rebuilding team. I do like Seider though, was keeping an eye on him when we had the number 20.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering all the D that jumped up, seems safe to assume they knew someone else wanted Seider and they didn't wanna take the chance. I don't know much beyond what these professionals spew, but seems like a huge reach which is kinda odd for a rebuilding team. I do like Seider though, was keeping an eye on him when we had the number 20.
Our forward core is above average and our d core is below average. It makes the most sense if they feel Zegras or cozens are going to be nhl wingers.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, a center. No surprise with the Dale Hunter connection. If he can be a middle 6 center by the time we need to move on from Eller or Backstrom has faded into a 3C role in his old age...it'll be fine.