2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The next heir apparent to take over the Richard races...we shall see if it lasts. 9 in first 5 is pretty sick though.

Hes been scoring at a torrid pace the few years hes been in the league. Hes something like second for 5on5 scoring over the last 2 years but the problem is hes never been on a successful powerplay unit. Last year it was Marner and JVR that took off and got the first line duties. Now Matthews is on that first PP and they are tearing it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hes been scoring at a torrid pace the few years hes been in the league. Hes something like second for 5on5 scoring over the last 2 years but the problem is hes never been on a successful powerplay unit. Last year it was Marner and JVR that took off and got the first line duties. Now Matthews is on that first PP and they are tearing it up.

Right there's just always some guy (usually one of the young guns) who scores at a high pace early in the season and everyone is crowning them as the heir apparent. Eventually everyone's scoring always drops off, you know who picks it up right around the start of the new year, and off we go. Toronto's offense is just insane right now (although ours was too, before tonight). You're not wrong though that having a PP like that will really help push the high end.

• 1Like

Merrith

Well, Leafs certainly got every bounce they needed on their goals tonight. Too many missed chances by us. Oshie and Vrana had about 3 chances each to tie it up at 3 late that went left wanting.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Leafs lookin good and Kutz goal was amazing. Sucks we starting in the hole but I think (know) it'll pass. Devils was a WTF loss but Pens and Leafs I mean come on. Solid teams we could have won. Just need to get it done.

Leafs fans gotta be stoked.

Merrith

Leafs lookin good and Kutz goal was amazing. Sucks we starting in the hole but I think (know) it'll pass. Devils was a WTF loss but Pens and Leafs I mean come on. Solid teams we could have won. Just need to get it done.

Leafs fans gotta be stoked.

Thought we controlled play for long stretches, especially in 2nd period and parts of the 3rd. Andersen played great, couple unlucky bounces for Holts. Toronto is legit though, not trying to take anything away from them.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Canes put 57 SOG. Dallas with 44 after ONE PERIOD... Must be national "sucks to be a goalie day." Fuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I would love to see Matthews step up to challenge McDavid as King of the new gen.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Must be national "sucks to be a goalie day." Fuck.

Blashill left Bernier in for the entire game as the Bruins scored 8 against the Wings yesterday. I know the Wings are going to still be bad this year, but that was fucking embarrassing.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hopefully Ovechkin isn't done yet.

HE'S 33 and we lost one blow out and some close games to two spectacular teams with a (small excuse) shit schedule. We're rock solid for 2+ years guaranteed. Plus we got Kutzyonutzoff as they say in chinatown.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hope he recovers quick, kid has alot of talent. Expected him in the Calder race.

...Also for the inevitable tank wars.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Caps coming off two tough losses and three days off has me scared, Rangers with the late shootout win last night could face a potential slaughter tonight. I think we have been better than our record, just hoping for a good game win or lose.

Merrith

Caps coming off two tough losses and three days off has me scared, Rangers with the late shootout win last night could face a potential slaughter tonight. I think we have been better than our record, just hoping for a good game win or lose.

Haven't had a normal schedule yet. Opened with back to back games, then 6 days off, then 3 games in 4 days, followed by another 4 days off. It'll be nice when we get into those every other day stretches finally.

Lundqvist has actually played pretty well so far, Ovechkin just doing his thing. Holtby has had to make some big saves too.

Merrith

StoiCynic StoiCynic if you're watching but skipped intermission Pierre just interviewed Jake DeBrusk and ended with the creepiest shoulder grab ever. Have to wonder how many players actively hate having to stand that close to him.