2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2020 redemption year boys. I can't wait. True fans gotta stick through the lowest of the lows and I'm with the Lightning 100%. Meme on me all you want, I'm still a fan. Am I disappointed that it's over sure. Am sad that this is the biggest upset in sports history, yea. Am I dumbfounded and at a loss for words whenever I think about it, you bet. I still got my boys back and I'm ready for next season. Except Cooper. They can buy his contract out and boot him to the curb. Why he decided to experiment with rookies in the playoffs and change up lines day in and day out. To bad Florida grabbed Quenneville. Guess we're going digging in the AHL. Only person that's leaving next year is Point. Although they might be able to afford him if they trade off some cap but I doubt they can make miracle plays now that Yzerman is gone.

In the end the Lightning gave me 62 wins in the regular season. Tons of fun times were had. Records were broken. Many a beers were had. Move on and root for the Stars and the Caps. This has been cathartic. This helps dull the pain.

EDIT: Keeping the CBJ avatar for the rest of the playoffs as a badge of shame.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Goalies are owning in this Calgary/Colorado game. Thought Flames had it when they got to 2-0, but Avs broke through to pull it back to 2-1 right after.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I know this game just started but great response from the Caps after getting absolutely thrashed in game 3...

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
First the Chiefs broke my heart and now the Blues. I've resigned myself to life long sports misery.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I tend to be pessimistic when it comes to the caps but I don't see them winning this series. They are generating almost nothing with their dump and chase and Mrazek is making huge saves anytime they do.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Caps were pretty flat tonight, but holy shit that crowd wouldn't shut up. Those players got energy from those fans. It would have been amazing to be there.

Enjoying the energy of the Jets!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oshie out long term it sounds like. That will hurt. Biggest problem for the Caps right now is feels like nobody is producing besides Ovechkin and Backstrom. Better game tonight than the other night, but turn it over a few times or leave a guy wide open and they buried their chances. Kuznetsov had his chance right near the end and didn't get it done.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
This is pretty much on Reirdan right now. He’s got a bench full of guys not named Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, or Holtby underperforming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users