2018-2019 NBA Thread

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Call me old and out of touch but 135 - 125 games with no semblance of defense disgusts me. It is a borderline all-star game effort out there. Not entertained at all.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watching that Mavericks vs. Hawks game was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had. That was an abortion of horrific basketball.

Mavs closed that game like a sack a shit, and Trae Young played like absolute ass. Holy fuck that was embarrassing. If I have to watch Wesley Matthews throw up hero-ball 3s all year, I'm going to end my life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Curry now has 10 double-digit 3-pointer games in his career. Klay Thompson and J.R. Smith have done it 3 times apiece. No other player has done it more than once.

tenor.gif

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Stern: Pelicans' Demps a 'lousy general manager'

Some surprisingly salty talk from the old Commish. Sounds like he has a grudge against Demps. I would agree with him that the Clippers trade was better than the LA one, though.

Better for the Clippers for sure. Otherwise, they're both just in the better than nothing category for the Pelicans. His criticism that the original players arent even on the team anymore is pretty bizarre since it was 7 years ago and none of the players are still on their original teams.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watching that Mavericks vs. Hawks game was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had. That was an abortion of horrific basketball.

Mavs closed that game like a sack a shit, and Trae Young played like absolute ass. Holy fuck that was embarrassing. If I have to watch Wesley Matthews throw up hero-ball 3s all year, I'm going to end my life.

No leadership, but liking Doncic a ton so far

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What could have possibly been the expectations once LeBron left? Firing the coach will change nothing.

Tyronn Lue Fired as Cavaliers Head Coach After Team's 0-6 Start to Season

I think it's because he was LeBron's coach. He was the guy that was friendly with everyone when LeBron didn't respect Blatt. I'm guessing Cleveland thinks he isn't genuinely a great coach and only kept him because LeBron liked him and because he was the coach when they won the championship. Now they can move on and choose a coach that they like.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Team is 0-6, they need to scapegoat someone. Ownership/management wanted to play the young guys and tank. Lue wanted to fight for his guys (Korver, JR, etc.).

They have a proven winning coach on the sidelines.

If Gilbert pays these guys, it's a sign he's interested in being a halfway-decent owner post-LeBron.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Klay with 14 3's in the game.. so far. With 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter lol. You gotta love that about this team.. KD and Steph been smoking hot to start the season. Klay finally gets it going and they do whatever they can to get him the ball. Klay trying to break Steph's 13 3's in a game record and Steph and KD are giving him the ball every time down the floor.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Started season 5-36 from three, I thought I heard. Crazy burst.

52 points in 27 minutes.