2018-2019 NBA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Klay had a 37 point quarter back in 2015. Curry has had like 10+ games with 10+ made 3s, This is Klay's 4th, JR Smith has 3, and nobody else has more than 1. Wild.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Klay could play until he's fifty. If he gets tired of winning rings, it'd be fun to see just how good he is.

Wouldn't hate him defecting to LA next summer. Max money in his hometown, ushering in the new Showtime. He could be as big of a star as he wanted to be with LeBron aging.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the Warriors will do everything they possibly can to keep Green, Curry, and Klay together. Durant will be the one joining LBJ next year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
While it's a little bizarre how bad their offense is, I think the NBA emphasis on freedom of movement is also really hurting the Rockets (along with losing Ariza). That off-ball clutching on players is basically what allowed them to be a good defense last year.

Crazy how close they were last year compared to how they look now. I mean, they're not just losing nail-biters, they're getting blown out.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
While it's a little bizarre how bad their offense is, I think the NBA emphasis on freedom of movement is also really hurting the Rockets (along with losing Ariza). That off-ball clutching on players is basically what allowed them to be a good defense last year.

Crazy how close they were last year compared to how they look now. I mean, they're not just losing nail-biters, they're getting blown out.

I haven't actually watched the Rockets so I could be way off, but losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute, who were 2 of their better defenders, doesn't help. Adding Carmelo is icing on the cake as he doesn't even make a token attempt to play D

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You guys really think Durant would join Lebron in LA? What's the upside for Durant in terms of winning a championship, having a challenge, or bolstering his legacy? I feel like he'd have better options for all three of those things elsewhere.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Lakers have mad cap room and Durant has been taking considerable discounts to stay in the Bay. He can get paid and be on an instant contender in LA. LeBron and Durant together is formidable combination no matter the support.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'm mixed on that idea. Its hard to believe after all the flack he's gotten for joining the Warriors, that he'd want to go join the Lebron in LA where he'd probably keep getting flack for joining up with the other top player in the league on a team stacked with young up and coming talent. Why make a move at all if he's going to go there? Not to mention, Lebron is the guy he's been chasing in terms of legacy for this generation. KD thinks he should be seen as on the same level as Lebron, why go join him? Unless he thinks people seeing them on the same team and seeing how KD would be the man in crunch time, especially as Lebron slows down, would make them change their opinions. I do think LA would be a huge appeal to KD, so there's that. All things considered, wouldn't be too surprised if he makes that choice.

People have talked about the Knicks, and the Knicks could sign him to a max next year, but then what support does he have there? Seems like Porzingis hasn't played in ages, Hardaway is an overpaid volume scorer (as much as I was a fan of his pops), so Durant would have to be crossing his fingers that some of the other young guys turn into something. Maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to dump some of those 1 year deals they have remaining to try to sign Irving too or whoever. If they can do that I think the Knicks would have a legit shot.

So Knicks, Lakers, or Warriors? Jerry West and the Clippers will try to lure him too but they've gotta be a distant fourth. I don't know who else would have a chance if any.

If he really wants to cement his legacy I think he should just stay, maybe some bias in that thought. But hopefully they'll have a chance to do something nobody else has done in the modern era.. win more than 3 in a row.

He says he wants the money next year, I think the Warriors will be able to offer him the most? But if they actually go all out and offer both Klay and KD the biggest deals they can next year? Wow. They may do it too with the move across the Bay happening next year. Keeping the team together ensures they can charge whatever crazy prices they want for the new seats while keeping the top seat as the league's #1 attraction. If KD goes to the Lakers that changes, no doubt.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't really consider the new stadium aspect. Could see Lacob going all out to showcase the best team in basketball in the hot new SF stadium.

Glad a good friend of mine is renewing his season tickets for the new stadium. I really want to go in the first year without paying $125 to see a shit team like Atlanta.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can’t see KD leaving for the Lakers. He would just stay with the Warriors at that point.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think Durant will try to find the best team that he can be the undoubted "top guy" on. Maybe a 76ers, Boston, or Spurs type team. He is incredibly aware/sensitive of what is said about him.

Extremely excited for LeBron vs. Luka. Mavs have sucked, but it's so much fun having young talent. It's been years. Many years

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Durant would be the top guy on any team he goes to besides the Lakers and thats only for a few more years. Durant is number 2 and would be 1 if Lebron loses a step.

Still though its the LA Lakers. That carries huge weight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Durant would be the top guy on any team he goes to besides the Lakers and thats only for a few more years. Durant is number 2 and would be 1 if Lebron loses a step.

Still though its the LA Lakers. That carries huge weight.

"Best player", but there is definitely a stigma, and rightfully so when you go join a Curry or a player in the upper echelon. There is always that, "That's always going to be Dwayne Wade's team" thing going around. Bet OKC is a possibility. Might as well copy Lebron.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
"Best player", but there is definitely a stigma, and rightfully so when you go join a Curry or a player in the upper echelon. There is always that, "That's always going to be Dwayne Wade's team" thing going around. Bet OKC is a possibility. Might as well copy Lebron.
This is the common practice now though. There is no stigma except with butt hurt fans.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Going to Golden State, for me, will always be a cop out (on KDs part, but phenomenal job on the Warriors organization). But yeah, if he went and joined up with the 76ers with Embiid & Simmons, or Boston I would never blame him.

You have to team with other superstars to some degree, but LBJ would definitely get him that same feedback and fan response he had for his GS move. Maybe KD & Kawhi with the Clippers?!