2018-2019 NBA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LeBron isnt bigger than the Lakers franchise though.

The Lake Show has always loaded up on super stars, this is no different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Anthony Davis will not waive his trade-kicker, and Pelicans will not move off of getting the trade done July 6th: So if correct, that leaves the Lakers with roughly $23.7 million in cap space, nowhere near enough for a "star".

Tons of buzz (and Vegas odds) connecting the Mavs & D'Angelo Russell... Not sure how I feel about this, actually I do. Think I'd rather have the Mavs go after Patrick Beverly/Malcolm Brogdon and maybe a Bogdanovic and try to re-enter '21 Free Agency with max room.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
His dad is straight up fucking retarded.
LaVar Ball: Lonzo trade will be Lakers' worst move

Now, I won't claim this makes the Lakers favorites to win it all or anything, but to make a claim that because of this the Lakers will 1. never win another championship, and 2. if they had just got all the Ball brothers all would be right. Dude is just dumb.
The Lakers moved to the favorites in Vegas already.

I'm not an NBA fan but I did grow up in the valley so I have interest in what happens with the Lakers.

I will probably catch some games next year.

I think the Lakers need to get a bunch of good but not great guys that can come off the bench and give a lot of depth.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Curry being the most lethal...

10 seconds left in the clock, your team is losing by 2.
Who gets the shot? Jordan, lebron, curry, koby, or reggy miller?

That is just 4 guys of the top of my head who I trust more than curry.

Kobe is overrated and him being "clutch" is a complete and total post hoc fabrication change my mind. I'd take every player on that list over him in that scenario and probably 20 more.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Curry being the most lethal...

10 seconds left in the clock, your team is losing by 2.
Who gets the shot? Jordan, lebron, curry, koby, or reggy miller?

That is just 4 guys of the top of my head who I trust more than curry.

LeBron would choose Ray Allen

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What in the world would they use to trade for him? All they have left is Kuzma and a bunch of no names.

Apparently Pelinka tried to offer cash and future draft picks.

Morey kindly explained NBA trade rules: salaries have to match and Lakers can't give up draft picks in consecutive drafts.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So last nights draft. Atlanta IMO made out the best by snagging Deandre Hunter, He reminds me so much of the Greek Freak. Yes Zion is obvious. I really think Morant was pushed too high on boards because of a the tourney. Morant has some highlight reel moments, where as Dandre Hunter is just a quiet beast.

Bol Bol (Manute Bol's son) dropping as low is he did was weird. The kid is damn good when healthy. But foot problems on a big always seem to lead to bad careers. Those who never seen him play...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So last nights draft. Atlanta IMO made out the best by snagging Deandre Hunter, He reminds me so much of the Greek Freak. Yes Zion is obvious. I really think Morant was pushed too high on boards because of a the tourney. Morant has some highlight reel moments, where as Dandre Hunter is just a quiet beast.

Bol Bol (Manute Bol's son) dropping as low is he did was weird. The kid is damn good when healthy. But foot problems on a big always seem to lead to bad careers. Those who never seen him play...

He's Greg Oden 2.0. I'm surprised he went in the first round at all.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I'm super excited about going see the Pels this year. I havn't gone to more than 4-5 games since the CP3 era, but I think like anything - you have to be excited / hyped to enjoy something - and the rebuild is totally hyping me up. I'm even listening to NBA podcast and shit

• 1Like