2018-2019 NBA Thread

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Probably gone, but he was going to opt out regardless of whether he stays or not so this isn't news. Opting in would be a terrible decision after that injury when he knows that there are teams out there today that will give him a 4 year max. If he stays he can get a 5-year max that nobody else can give him. ~220M to stay vs. ~165M to go or something like that. Its a big difference.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Will be shocked if he doesn't end up in NYC

Kawhi to the Mavs confirmed

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Looks like Kemba will land in Boston. Boston apparently is also trying to be the destination for Houston to off-load Capela, so that they can acquire Butler.

As a Mavs fan, a lot of Mavs fans are super sad on (more than likely) losing Kemba. Star power is nice, but I was never exactly in love with the fit next to Doncic. Doncic is running that show, and Kemba has always been a ball dominant guard. Beverly + Horford is a better get for Dallas, if possible. Beverly fills a backcourt/wing defender at a very high level, and can also shoot and handle the ball. Horford does everything really well, advanced metrics still absolutely love him as a top 30ish player, even if his counting stats look lacking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Looks like Kemba will land in Boston. Boston apparently is also trying to be the destination for Houston to off-load Capela, so that they can acquire Butler.

As a Mavs fan, a lot of Mavs fans are super sad on (more than likely) losing Kemba. Star power is nice, but I was never exactly in love with the fit next to Doncic. Doncic is running that show, and Kemba has always been a ball dominant guard. Beverly + Horford is a better get for Dallas, if possible. Beverly fills a backcourt/wing defender at a very high level, and can also shoot and handle the ball. Horford does everything really well, advanced metrics still absolutely love him as a top 30ish player, even if his counting stats look lacking.

Yup, absolutely fine with missing out on Kemba - think we may end up with a surprise in FA, and looking pretty likely Porzi resigns long term from what I'm reading. Really excited about next season for the first time in a long time as a Mavs fan

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yup, absolutely fine with missing out on Kemba - think we may end up with a surprise in FA, and looking pretty likely Porzi resigns long term from what I'm reading. Really excited about next season for the first time in a long time as a Mavs fan

Definitely some locally "plugged" in people, and some national guys wondering if the Mavericks have something lined up already. Not getting my hopes up too much, but there has been some smoke. What that is, who knows.

It's amazing how Doncic just immediately changed the fortune of the franchise. Over this year we added Doncic & Porzingis, everything else is just the cherry on top.

KD confirmed haha.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
official

The three-time NBA All-Star is expected to meet with the Celtics on Sunday to discuss a four-year, $141 million contract, The Associated Press reported. The Hornets could have paid Walker as much as $221 million over five years, The Charlotte Observer reported.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So Lakers freed up a ton of cap room and are looking to land another max contract free agent. They are meeting with Kahwi tomorrow suppossedly.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, if Kawhi goes to the Lakers. What a cop out that would fucking be.

Three of the top 5-6 players on the planet? No thanks. Hope he stays with Toronto or goes to LAC. NBA could be so damn fun if it is truly "wide open" after the Warriors run. A LBJ-AD-Kawhi trio would immediately kill that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A 35 year old and 2 injury prone players would be fun to watch fail.

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Lebron and Kahwi both can't really play a full season I think. They will need to rest as Lebron is getting old and Kahwi is injury prone. If they get to the playoffs healthy though all bets are off.

That said Kahwi would be leaving like 40million on the table if he leaves Toronto. So I'm fairly skeptical.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Kyrie + Durant in Brooklyn.

I'm interested in seeing what team takes on Wiggins. Apparently the Wolves think they can trade him to clear the space to sign D'Lo.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Nets will have too many players that play similar styles. Will be really curious to see if they can mesh.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Kyrie will tear the team apart internally before Durant even gets on the court.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer