2018-2019 NBA Thread

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Maybe that can move the needle; a total lack of interest in the fanbase that knows the inevitable is assured leading to fan apathy and low ratings. 4.8% chance of that happening.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I more meant the CP3 trade to LAL veto lol.

3 team trade with Suns to get Kawhi to LAL?

As for Houston being competitive Iggy was hurt. It's a 5 or 6 game series with him healthy, as they'd have their death squad closing lineup available.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
4 years makes sense. This is going to be his last big contract. His body's due to start declining at any time now, he most likely wont be able to build another super team in a couple years so might as well get 4 years max and end your career in one of the biggest markets

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
DhJH3uyUwAAmlpT.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They should redo it now. Only massholes want to see the Celtics in the finals for the next 5 years. This is the perfect time to reseed when like 13 of the top 15 players in the league are in the West. A top 16 tourney would preemptively give new life to the playoffs. Maybe Philly makes a Kawhi deal and they give the Celtics good fights, but aside from that not much to look forward to in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

No. Not see the Celtics. See the Celtics get their asses handed to them the next 5 years.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hot take. He lied about being in pain. He found a doctor that believed his claim he was in pain. The doctor got suckered. Well guys he's in pain! You can't make him play. He lied so he didn't have to play and leverage his pre-agency into a trade to get out. He knew playing his ass off for Pop to win 55 games and get bounced in the second round in San Antonio was going to do nothing for this brand. So he and his advisors concocted this plan which by the way is working out PERFECTLY. Does that make your last point and the comparison to Thomas and Manu wrong? Nope. I am actually saying there is merit to what you are saying. But I do not believe for a second he has been truthful about his "injury" and this does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I would like to see this go nuclear, because I think this is Pandora's box. Any professional athlete in any team sport now can start thinking about exaggerating an injury to preserve the body in order to leverage an impending expiration of a contract to force a trade to a place he/she wants.

Let's say you're Le'veon Bell. You are in a one year franchise contract. You have no long term security. Maybe...you feel dizzy. Man you can't focus. You can't stand to be in a lighted room. Team doctor says you don't have a concussion. But you insist you have head problems. Team clears you week after week but NOPE you say I am not feeling "right". Then it gets leaked you really would like to play for the Niners. You sure love that Cali weather and the weed. Then after playing in just 4 games you look around and see an aging Big Ben. A crappy defense. Long, cold winters in Pittsburgh. And fuck that loud mouth AB taking all ypur attention. You says either give me a long term contract or don't tag me again cause I just...might...still...feel...bad...again. While you sit there and collect another premium year of the franchise tag, keep wear and tear off your body (and we know RBs fall off the cliff at 30), and play chicken with management.

Is that so crazy to think? I say no. Cause it is happening in San Antonio.

Maybe. That's certainly on interpretation.

What if Kawhi is forced to play but jogs and hands the ball to the other team, not even attempting to be a professional? All of a sudden he becomes DNP - Coach's Decision.

Guaranteed contracts give leverage to players. You can force him to get onto the court but you can't force the guy to be competitive or give an honest effort on the court.

Carson Palmer famously told the Bengals to fuck themselves; he said you can trade me or I can retire. Kawhi has even more leverage than that (because his on an expiring guaranteed contract and has the injury excuse/lawsuit threat built in).

Even if your "hot take" is 100% true how do you fix it? You can't. Guaranteed contracts are guaranteed, for better or worse.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Well the one saving grace for me as a Cavs fan is now I can just laugh instead of being enraged at the Boogie signing. Looks like a good time to begin The Process for a few years. Hopefully they can find the next Dion Waiters in one of the upcoming drafts to provide some entertainment.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pass a rule that says 1 max contract per roster. Convince superstars to take massive pay cuts to play together or make depth and chemistry matter.

Or lower the salary cap, raise the tax for breaking it, and make faggots like K.D. Pay his own tax.

Wanna win the next five years with no close competition, Kevin ? Well, you'll earn negative eight million per season.

• 1Salty
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
pass a rule that says 1 max contract per roster. Convince superstars to take massive pay cuts to play together or make depth and chemistry matter.

Or lower the salary cap, raise the tax for breaking it, and make faggots like K.D. Pay his own tax.

Wanna win the next five years with no close competition, Kevin ? Well, you'll earn negative eight million per season.
You butt hurt faggots act like the Thunder was not competitive the years leading up to his transfer. They had bad luck after bad luck and Westbrook is a ball hogging fag that thinks he is better than he is. Carry on hating though.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Just drop 4 teams and the NBA would be a much better league.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Hard not to like the Warriors when they send retards into a frothing rage

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
The Cavs should be near top of the list for contraction.
Well fuck you too.

Cleveland is a big time sports city with a very loyal fanbase. Unfortunately we've had our fair share of controversy and shit head owners.

Drakurii

Well fuck you too.

Cleveland is a big time sports city with a very loyal fanbase. Unfortunately we've had our fair share of controversy and shit head owners.

I'm sure they do have a loyal fan base the question is do they add to the popularity of the sport. The answer is no, now that LeBron is gone that franchise is a dumpster fire and no one outside of Cleveland gives a crap about them. It's the same with the Kings and Hornets.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Any sport suffers when you have the same 3-4 teams dominating every year. Yeah, it's fun when that happens to be your team. But I'm a fan of fair competition. I much prefer to watch gut wrenching games where teams win/lose by 1-2 points, even if it's two teams I don't give a fuck about. I'd watch that game over my favorite team demolishing.

This whole concept of a super team bugs the fuck out of me. I also hate the concept of constant trading, but it is double edged - it can build up teams, or help to dilute them. Too much of the former is happening for teams that are already strong and leaving lesser teams in the dust. Kinna feel like this also applies to the NFL. Its the fantasy football generation where folks follow players, not teams. For better or worse.

• 1Like

Drakurii

Any sport suffers when you have the same 3-4 teams

Not really, the last 4 Warriors vs. Cavaliers has been great for the league...go check the ratings. The NBA has never been more popular and it's never looking back so keep supporting your local shit stain franchise. No one gives a fuck or needs to see the Kings 82 games a year. The NBA is just like the NCAA the year doesn't start till the playoffs so all the fuckers who want to ding me you can suck my dick faggots.;

• 1Salty
  • 1Like