2018-2019 NBA Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They probably got a lot less than the Lakers were offering too.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I guess San Antonio is such a shit hole he didn't care it cost him 30mil.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Pop screwed him out of $80 it seems if he wants to go to LA.

$80M is a little disingenuous. Assuming he returns to form his contract after that will be $40M+ per season, perhaps $50M+ so it's maybe $30 million dollars to choose where he wants to play.

Income tax difference between Texas and Canada/California will cost him more than that, but the endorsement deals (even getting a bona fide shoe deal instead of his current embarrassment) can make it up largely.

Regardless, he's getting enough money either way to set up his family for generations to come.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I didn't think they would get anything. And they already moved the PF for a french SF (Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot ) dropping the 5 million to 1.8.

Shroeder and Timothé will fit right into the Thunder... more athletes that can't shoot the 3.

But, on the brightside. The team did get exponentially more athletic with the removal of the carcass formerly known as Melo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Lakers add Beasley for $3.5M because why not.

Another not-horrible use of cap space.

Magic is adding all these deals that are impossible to love or hate. Lots of fiery veterans to push and teach his young guys. Getting the impression they won't blow things up and look to make any deals at the trade deadline or pick up anyone on a good deal. This year Lakers are just gonna ride the wave.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lakers add Beasley for $3.5M because why not.

Another not-horrible use of cap space.

Magic is adding all these deals that are impossible to love or hate. Lots of fiery veterans to push and teach his young guys. Getting the impression they won't blow things up and look to make any deals at the trade deadline or pick up anyone on a good deal. This year Lakers are just gonna ride the wave.

A mega-clusterfuck of a wave, at that. Should be entertaining.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
BM7iXwP.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I didn't care to explain, just funny picture. But if you have to know there is a twitter beef going on.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah I do not understand why Morrey is so adamant about getting Anthony.

It goes against every analytical move he has done over the course of his tenure as GM.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Rockets' Morey: LeBron best ever by big margin

Speaking of Daryl Morey, he said:

Talking Wednesday in an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show, Morey said, "You look at his ability to generate wins and championship probability over time, and you basically break that down. You don't need all the numbers. You can watch as well and see that.

"But if you basically isolate that and also look at the career he's had, frankly I think at this point it's become a bit of a big margin, actually, where he's come out ahead. I know that's a little controversial."

Where is the fine for tampering???

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Because LeBron plays on someone else's team.

Magic and the Lakers got in trouble for talking up how great Giannis is or whatever because it's wrong to ask an all-time great about what he thinks about today's superstars.

Magic's comments were:
“With his ball-handling skills and his passing ability. He plays above the rim I never could do that. But in his understanding of the game, his basketball IQ, his creativity of shots for his teammates. That’s where we [have the] same thing. Can bring it down, make a pass, make a play. I’m just happy he’s starting in the All-Star game because he deserves that. And he’s going to be like an MVP, a champion, this dude he’s going to put Milwaukee on the map. And I think he’s going to bring them a championship one day.”
(via first Google result @ Lakers’ Magic Johnson gets $50k tampering fine for comments about Giannis Antetokounmpo)

To me, Morey's comments were the same thing.

Team personnel aren't supposed to comment about anyone under contract with another team.

• 1Like