2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
IF a ball is fumbled - in play- and then the ball goes into the end zone and is recovered-by the same team, the ball is placed at the spot of the fumble(you cannot fumble forward into the end zone if i remember the rules correctly) if the ball is fumbled and goes OOB thru the end zone...then it is a touchback for the other team their ball placed at the 20.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, and to the surprise of no one, Saquon Barkley is an athletic freak.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
IF a ball is fumbled - in play- and then the ball goes into the end zone and is recovered-by the same team, the ball is placed at the spot of the fumble(you cannot fumble forward into the end zone if i remember the rules correctly)

As far as I know, that only applies to 4th down and last 2 minutes, and only if the player that recovers isn't the same one that fumbled.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams trade Quinn to Dolphins.
Beat me too it, yeah, that's actually good for us. I was kind of hoping they'd restructure his contract and he'd stay but I think we can do a lot better for that money.

Too bad we can't find any takers for Tavon Austin....

Saves $11 in cap space on Quinn. A good player, but hard to trust he'll stay healthy.

Sterling

El Presidente
If everyone stays healthy, Wake, Suh and Quinn is a pretty wild pass rush. If the Dolphins could get some non shit guards so Tannehill won't get crushed 123321321 times this season maybe they won't suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If everyone stays healthy, Wake, Suh and Quinn is a pretty wild pass rush. If the Dolphins could get some non shit guards so Tannehill won't get crushed 123321321 times this season maybe they won't suck.
Should help him going back to a 4/3 too. He looked good at the end of the season.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I kind of think the Dolphins are done with Tannehill.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a huge fan of the Quinn trade but he is better than what they had. Miami is in cap hell and picking up another high cost player sounds on par for their usual high spending shit FA moves. Helping another team unload while losing a pick is also a patented move over the years. Hey, Charles Harris, we think you were a wasted pick! Maybe Quinn can show you how it's done.

Sterling

El Presidente
I kind of think the Dolphins are done with Tannehill.
Entirely possible, but I'm not sure he was ever the problem. People bring up them having had good skill position players but they've had one of the worst lines in the league for most of his career at this point.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I really believe this is the end of the line for Wake, sadly. They gave Branch that ridiculous contract, drafted Harris last year. They now need cap relief, and Wake will save them 8 million.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams get Miami’s 2018 4th and 6th round picks.

Dolphins get Robert Quinn and Los Angeles’s 2018 6th round pick.

So we move up in the 6th and get a 4th and clear up 11 mil in cap space. Tavon is def getting cut and maybe Mark Barron as well. Rams LB'ers gonna look a lot different this year.

This also freed up some money to possibly keep Trumaine Johnson and while he's not worth the money he's been paid as a 2nd corner he'd probably be fantastic. They probably have their eyes on some guys I'm not thinking about I'm sure. It's kind of amazing how much getting the right coaching staff in has improved the front office so much.

I actually feel like the Rams success is sustainable and when they move into that new stadium they could be a real contender.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Entirely possible, but I'm not sure he was ever the problem. People bring up them having had good skill position players but they've had one of the worst lines in the league for most of his career at this point.

I am in no way blaming Tannehill though I think he is mediocre (not horrible or anything). If anyone knows what its like to have your QB blamed because your Oline is shit its a Chargers fan.

I just think Tannehill has had to many serious injuries and missed to much time. Thats no fault of his own and I think another team should take a chance on him but I think the Dolphins have washed their hands of him . Even if only to try and save the head coaches job. This is all my speculation and I could obviously be way off base.

I fear the future when Rivers retires. We wont even be mediocre then probably.

Sterling

El Presidente
I am in no way blaming Tannehill though I think he is mediocre (not horrible or anything). If anyone knows what its like to have your QB blamed because your Oline is shit its a Chargers fan.

I just think Tannehill has had to many serious injuries and missed to much time. Thats no fault of his own and I think another team should take a chance on him but I think the Dolphins have washed their hands of him . Even if only to try and save the head coaches job. This is all my speculation and I could obviously be way off base.

I fear the future when Rivers retires. We wont even be mediocre then probably.
That's all reasonable. He was probably a pretty average legit starting NFL QB which is certainly not the worst thing. I mean you could always be the Browns

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user