2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm happy as hell to see Mayfield trending towards the Dolphins. We need good news in the worst way after the past 20 years lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hopefully other teams provide entertainment for me. Not excited about more fucking Marvin Lewis at all. But still, of course, I'll find myself going to LA this season for the Chargers game. Because I like the pain inflicted on me by Cincinnati sports franchises.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Word is they are trying to trade Earl Thomas as well. What is Kam Chancellor's status? If they end up getting rid of Thomas and cut Sherman, with Bennett now gone, their entire legion of boom and defensive identity would be dismantled.

This is for salary relief, but its also a shift in their identity, with Russel Wilson having to step in as the bona-fide face of the franchise and leading voice in the locker room. He was content with letting Sherman, Bennett or who ever else would talk when a mic was put in their face, give comment, but now he is going to have to be the guy. The Seahawks need to fix their offensive line before they do anything.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sucks if true, but also not terribly surprising. We need to get younger on defense and free up cap space. I am amazed we let Kam's contract go guaranteed without trading him/cutting him/restructuring it, especially given his future is still up in the air with the injury.

oh I dont know, maybe have an offensive line? He is TO on defense. Will ruin every team he goes to now.

As for Kam:

Report: Kam Chancellor intends to play in 2018

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I really don't get it, dude wasn't great last year but he's young, calls the defense, athletic, and I thought had a good chance to rebound. I wasn't thrilled with his deal but that's what I don't get. Why give him teh fucking deal in the first place if you're just going to do this?

We for sure aren't replacing him with a 4th round pick and there are some pretty big holes on the defense now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't get it, dude wasn't great last year but he's young, calls the defense, athletic, and I thought had a good chance to rebound. I wasn't thrilled with his deal but that's what I don't get. Why give him teh fucking deal in the first place if you're just going to do this?

We for sure aren't replacing him with a 4th round pick and there are some pretty big holes on the defense now.

I just knew you'd want to see the news quick

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users