2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cowboys are happy to overpay and we will let you bring Sean Payton too! In fact, please bring Sean Payton. Really, I just want Sean Payton.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feel like Miami will fleece them for more than others would have paid. Browns WR's would on paper be kind of nasty good if they get Landry too.

I sure hope so. It's for two picks. Hoping it.s for at the least one of there 2nd rounders.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Feel like Miami will fleece them for more than others would have paid. Browns WR's would on paper be kind of nasty good if they get Landry too.

Still need a QB, which seems to be what they fail at every year for what? 15? years

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still need a QB, which seems to be what they fail at every year for what? 15? years

Well they have pick #1 and #4. The problem for them is the years of absolute 1st round disasters, and having traded away the picks that became Wentz and Watson in consecutive years.

Merrith

That's s fail for the Dolphins. This organization remains a disaster. The one productive guy they have, and end up with that haul.

Have to figure they'd want at least a 3rd in 2018. Probably the Browns 3rd which basically makes it a late 2nd. I get the impression they didn't want to pay Landry market value anyways, and he wasn't going to be real happy on the tag.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to figure they'd want at least a 3rd in 2018. Probably the Browns 3rd which basically makes it a late 2nd. I get the impression they didn't want to pay Landry market value anyways, and he wasn't going to be real happy on the tag.

You are correct. I'll walk my statement back a bit. Not a total disaster. Just need to hit on that pick.

Just frustrating. I know he's not an elite wr, but he's arguably the best slot receiver in the game, and is a beast in the red zone, and on third downs.

Merrith

You are correct. I'll walk my statement back a bit. Not a total disaster. Just need to hit on that pick.

Well you'd hope it is two 3rd's (if no 1sts and 2nds)...if it's only one 3rd, you'd clearly want it this year when they pick first in every round. Strangely enough I think the Browns have the Eagles 2nd round pick this year too, so would have been back to back picks (#64 and #65).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well you'd hope it is two 3rd's (if no 1sts and 2nds)...if it's only one 3rd, you'd clearly want it this year when they pick first in every round. Strangely enough I think the Browns have the Eagles 2nd round pick this year too, so would have been back to back picks (#64 and #65).

Can't verify, but the rumblings are its a third rounder this year, and a mid rounder next.

Merrith

Can't verify, but the rumblings are its a third rounder this year, and a mid rounder next.

3rd this year, 4th next would make sense. Maybe not ideal, but not terrible. If it's a 3rd and a 5th...eh. That 3rd will be an important pick.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Browns have picks #1 and #4, then 3 #2 rounds. Hopefully they make them count.

Funny thing is I always want to see the Lions win, ever since Barry Sanders and watching him as a kid. As an old man I'm starting to want to see the Browns win.

Merrith

Honestly if they get a decent/good QB, I think they can go to 5 or 6 wins next year. That offense will have weapons.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Browns have picks #1 and #4, then 3 #2 rounds. Hopefully they make them count.

Funny thing is I always want to see the Lions win, ever since Barry Sanders and watching him as a kid. As an old man I'm starting to want to see the Browns win.

I mean the Browns can only go up from here, but boy they are in a very good place right now to revitalize that franchise.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This feels a lot like when The Dolphins traded Welker to the Patriots in 2007 for a 2nd and a 7th. Except it's The Browns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users