2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I thought Rosen was the number one QB this draft? Plus a RB at number one in this day and age? I mean unless he's Bell you get out that spot in a hurry.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought Rosen was the number one QB this draft? Plus a RB at number one in this day and age? I mean unless he's Bell you get out that spot in a hurry.

I agree. If you draft an RB #1 over all you deserve the next 10 years of being the dumpster fire you will be. That is pure idiocy.

If I was the Browns I would draft a QB at 1 and 4. Better yout chances to get a franchise QB and if by some miracle you get two franchise types you flip one for another first rounder.

Also wouls be hilarious of Rodgers turned Kizer into a hall of fame QB just to show how incompetent the Browns are.

Hope they are righting the ship because 0 win teams do not belong in the NFL.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Richard Sherman meeting with 49ers

Pete won't be happy about that.

Yeah, I really thought the Seahawks would do whatever it took to keep him from going to SF or St. Louis. I hate Richard Sherman like any good 49er fan, but from the 49ers standpoint it makes a ton of sense. They need a corner, and they are building a Seattle style defense so bringing in a vet from Seattle seems pretty ideal. In a perfect world it would have been Kam Chancellor or Earl Thomas, but beggars can't be choosers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Whats even funnier is the previous GM is who set all this up.

Sashi Brown’s cap space, draft picks made Browns’ trades possible

I'm not sold at any of the QBs this particular draft. I'm sure I am wrong somehow, but none really stand out to me as "franchise" material. I'd be shopping that #1 pick heavily.

I have realized absoluetly no one knows how to pick a franchise QB and its literally all gambling. You win gambling by stacking the odda in your favor. You do that by more chances to win the QB lottery. With out a QB you are going nowhere as a team.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Normally I wouldn't disagree, but like I said, something about this draft screams won't last 5 years in the QB lottery. Im sure i'll end up eating these words in some form or another

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have realized absoluetly no one knows how to pick a franchise QB and its literally all gambling. You win gambling by stacking the odda in your favor. You do that by more chances to win the QB lottery. With out a QB you are going nowhere as a team.

I really like and agree with your thinking...but then the Dolphins are stuck with Tannehill again and no top prospect.

image2-2.gif

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Tannehill isn't a problem but at this point, he's probably not a solution either. This is the highest rated QB class in quite a while. Tannehill is coming back from multiple knee injuries, has never been a top notch QB, and just lost his favorite safety valve in Landry. It's time for a great backup plan.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Sure drafting a guy for longterm if you think he's available is fine, but that dude's going to need a line at some point too or you'll end up with the same issues when he gets killed every season.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Miami has wasted more high picks on OL than anyone else in the league. At some point, you have to wonder if the lack of talent is in the coaching staff and, therefore, if that problem can be fixed.

Pouncey- Pick #15
James- Pick #19
Tunsil- Pick #13

In the past 6 years not to mention the 2nd round bust Martin, and all of the 3rd,4th,5th round ones.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
keep smoking that sweet weed.

Probably. I haven't really researched so definitely could be wrong but there are a lot of guys considered 1st rounders(4-5). The last one I remember with so many was Eli's class but could be the weed.

Edit- Luck's and Cam's classes both had 4 after Eli's but that's still just 4 drafts since 2000 with more than 3 and 5 since 84. Group seems like it could be impactful.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Miami has wasted more high picks on OL than anyone else in the league. At some point, you have to wonder if the lack of talent is in the coaching staff and, therefore, if that problem can be fixed.

Pouncey- Pick #15
James- Pick #19
Tunsil- Pick #13

In the past 6 years not to mention the 2nd round bust Martin, and all of the 3rd,4th,5th round ones.
Oh, for sure some of it has to fall on coaching/talent evaluation, but that doesn't make the line not the problem.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lmao, dude ruptured his achilles, thank you 49ers. Overpay TJ now and really complete that backfield. fucking lol

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think that is way to much and I am glad the Seahawks cut him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users