2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
At the most I'll admit I actually DO root for this guy to defy injuries and age and continue to be an all time great while we still beat that 49'er ass. I feel bad for Gangak, because actual fans shouldn't have to put up with this kind of shit.

Professional Athletes' Return to Play and Performance After Operative Repair of an Achilles Tendon Rupture. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSION: An Achilles tendon rupture is a devastating injury that prevents RTP for 30.6% of professional players. Athletes who do return play in fewer games, have less play time, and perform at a lower level than their preinjury status. However, these functional deficits are seen only at 1 year after surgery compared with matched controls, such that players who return to play can expect to perform at a level commensurate with uninjured controls 2 years postoperatively.

Good luck guys! Maybe he'll be back up to speed in 2 years at 32 years old.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Also Talib rejected a trade to SF, guess he isn't drinking the kool-aid! I knew I liked this guy!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Daezuel is just jerking off all over this thread.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Although I'm a big football fan I've never been very knowledgeable about the draft or trades. It feels like the Steelers basically never trade for anyone relevant.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I may have liked Daezuel more when the Rams had no hope.

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Eh, he is just excited. How could you not be if your a fan. Oregon had a huge recruiting class this year and I'm sure as shit excitedi for the future

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I may have liked Daezuel more when the Rams had no hope.
I learned from the GSOT years, you have to enjoy it while you can!

I've dealt with like 20 seasons of no hope after the late 80s Niners crushed the Rams perennial playoff teams into a dumpster fire for a decade. Then after a brief respite back to sucking for another decade.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What if wishes were horses?

Wishes came true for your team last year (and others, hi Philly). I'm not saying San Fran is suddenly going to make the playoffs or anything (though I wouldn't rule that out, either)...just saying we might be remembering you guys battling over this come a few weeks into this next season.

I mean, even the Browns might be showing signs of competency. All bets are off.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully Shanahan is fired this year when they dont make the Superbowl. Superbowl or bust amirite.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't even understand how people can watch it on TV. I'm interested in the results but fuck watching it live for 3 days. The only thing more boring is the combine.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can't even understand how people can watch it on TV. I'm interested in the results but fuck watching it live for 3 days. The only thing more boring is the combine.
I like to watch the first round selections but never watch the other days .

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like to watch the first round selections but never watch the other days .

Kind of how I am. Usually other sports on, and for Day 2 and 3 I'll just flip back during Skins' selections in those rounds.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I listen to the first round since I'm usually at work, but after that not so much

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sherman is betting on himself, like Kaepeenick did. The 49ers should actually be in salary cap hell given what happened with Kap and them signing him to a monster contract in 2014.

Thing is, Kap was an idiot, and so was his agent for loading his contract with all kind of incentive based triggers and very little guaranteed money. He basically signed a "show me" contract coming off a fucking career year and Super Bowl appearance, a playoff game where he ran for 182 yards in a game as the QB, followed by him throwing for 420 yards against the Packers in his first star the following year.

His stock was as high as it would ever get, he was on GQ magazine before the whole kneeling thing. He used to have a haircut and be on commercials. He could have roped the Niners into giving him a ton of garaunteed money, and they would have had to give it to him. Instead he opted to sign a "monster" contract, with a ton of incentive triggers in order to reap in 100+ million.

Problem was, he floundered the following year, and Harbaugh was gone, followed by another terrible season and the Niners were able to escape his now awful looking contract and looked very shrewd in the process.

Now, they are doing the same with Sherman. If he shits the bed they are on the hook for 7 million dollars, out of 67 million in cap space. If he makes the Pro Bowl he gets 8 million next year plus some more change, and the 49ers will have one of the best CB's in the league starting for them.

And I know achilles injuries are terrible, and maybe it will take 2 years for Sherman to "fully" recover. But we are in 2018, medical technology is better than its ever been, and I think Sherman can get to at least 75% of his former self. 75% of Richard Sherman is better than most guys' 100%.

edit: Also, RIchard Sherman's locker room presence is incalculable. He will mentor the defense and make sure guys are communicating. He brings an instant level of respect to the unit when other teams know he is on the field. His intelligence and size/physicality alone will be enough for him to be effective in that cover 3. And now with Jimmy G comfortable and paid, he can continue to develop as the face of the franchise and offensive leader. Jimmy G bringing the Patriot way, while Sherman brings in the Seattle defensive mentality and swag and now your talking about a totally different locker room.

Compare that to looking at C.J Beathard in the huddle and knowing your going 3 and out.

Last edited: