2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I like the excitement a kick ass return for a TD brings. I would miss those plays but other than that? eh

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks Broncos for giving Skins at least something for Cravens. Not sure he was ever going to play again here.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Thanks Broncos for giving Skins at least something for Cravens. Not sure he was ever going to play again here.
I'm just happy they didn't give them their original asking price. IMO, Denver got a helluva deal and it looks like Cravens is actually excited to come play for Denver.

I sincerely hope Denver never has a bad FO like the Skins, or any of the other perennial dumpster fire teams out there, where players just don't like playing for them.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It blows my mind the (unproven by science) deflategate, 100% PRoven no one think it made nany difference in the game outcome.), or other LEGAL AT THE TIME rule like the tuck rule ad compare that to the NFL literally changing the rules before the game and very likely changing the outcome of the game.

This is the Equivalent if suddenly the NBA decided to give players 7 fouls during the game 7 finals but told no one until the after the game despite the face the game highed on those players being able to play with 6 fouls. OR if they suddenly instituted a 4 point line at 40 feet but told NO one until 2 guys made one during game 7,

EDit: or a better example: in game 7 the NBA asked the Refs nto to call fouls during the final 5 mins of games, with no rule change or informing anyone.

• 4Faggotry
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the 49ers and Jed York have released a statement today, saying "They hope to have Reuben on the team this season." And would like him to "Avoid any future off the field issues". Which means they are not cutting him. They must have information as far as Fosters case is concerned, knowing the DA in (Alabama?) is willing to accept a guilty felony plea, which would result in him serving some type of house arrest/lengthy supervised probation plea, somewhere in the range of 3-5 years. (8-16 months house arrest, would still be able to play and go to facility).

If Reuben pays 900,000$ for a lawyer he might get no house arrest and just stringent parole and then probation that would be somewhere in the 4 year range, with 2 years parole and 2 supervised probation. And thats if the assault weapon charge sticks and his defense cant find some type of loophole or corrupted actor within the justice system.

So the Niners are probably looking at 6 games suspension. When he comes back he will have achieved his final form, having beaten a white woman as a powerful black NFL linebacker, able to obtain numbers unseen since a young Patrick Willis.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just happy they didn't give them their original asking price. IMO, Denver got a helluva deal and it looks like Cravens is actually excited to come play for Denver.

I sincerely hope Denver never has a bad FO like the Skins, or any of the other perennial dumpster fire teams out there, where players just don't like playing for them.

Our FO has been a little better in recent years, Cousins situation (or non situation depending on how much he ever really wanted to stay) aside.

Cravens had plenty of his own issues though, wanting to retire while dealing with family issues, unsure if he wanted to come back.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I like the excitement a kick ass return for a TD brings. I would miss those plays but other than that? eh

That happens like 5 times a year. I watch most games on the DVR and I almost always fast forward through the kickoff because it's almost never interesting.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It blows my mind the (unproven by science) deflategate, 100% PRoven no one think it made nany difference in the game outcome.), or other LEGAL AT THE TIME rule like the tuck rule ad compare that to the NFL literally changing the rules before the game and very likely changing the outcome of the game.

This is the Equivalent if suddenly the NBA decided to give players 7 fouls during the game 7 finals but told no one until the after the game despite the face the game highed on those players being able to play with 6 fouls. OR if they suddenly instituted a 4 point line at 40 feet but told NO one until 2 guys made one during game 7,

EDit: or a better example: in game 7 the NBA asked the Refs nto to call fouls during the final 5 mins of games, with no rule change or informing anyone.

• 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
2018 NFL Draft QB prospect Wonderlic Scores:
1. Josh Allen Wyoming – 37
2. Josh Rosen UCLA – 29
3. Sam Darnold USC – 28
4. Baker Mayfield OU – 25
5. Lamar Jackson Louisville – 13

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
It b NFL literally changing the rules before the game and very likely changing the outcome of the game.

Honestly, I don't think it's a huge deal considering the new catch rule makes much more sense and is much easier to understand/confirm. So long as they're all playing by the same rules it seems like a nonfactor. It's not like players are really trying to do something different based on the crazy catch rule, they were still trying to catch the ball the same as before.

Also, it's an unwritten rule that no flags are thrown on the final play of the game whether it's offense or defense. Crabtree got mugged in that Superbowl loss. I've seen teams hold, receivers push off, ridiculously egregious defensive mugging of receivers and everything else happen on the final play of the game without any flags being thrown. Teams mostly know that now and they know most anything goes on the last play, GO OUT AND EARN IT.

2018 NFL Draft QB prospect Wonderlic Scores:
1. Josh Allen Wyoming – 37
2. Josh Rosen UCLA – 29
3. Sam Darnold USC – 28
4. Baker Mayfield OU – 25
5. Lamar Jackson Louisville – 13

I saw someone like Bucky Brooks predicting the Saints taking Lamar Jackson at 27, no fucking way with a wonderlic of 13. QB is a position where the player actually does need to be really smart to learn to digest defenses, know the system and know how to run it well.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol it'sfunny because you guys are the ones acting liek babies.

IF this happened to your team, or went in the pats favor it would be nuts...

Last edited:
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ameraves is the only person that even addressed your post. Typical Pats fan. Delusions of grandeur.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lol it'sfunny becaus you guys ar theones atig liek babies.

IF this happened to your tem, or went in the pats favor it would be nuts...
Was that English?

Seriously, I shouldn't even be giving you the attention you so desperately crave. Even if the Pats knew the rule it would have had zero impact on the outcome. Stop bitching about it

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users