2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm on the fence whether the Bears will move out of dumpster fire territory. My gut says mediocre but my heart says dumpster fire.

Either way not re-upping for the Sunday Ticket package for the 3rd straight year.

Joining the Rams bandwagon doesn't actually sound terrible. Is 1 Super Bowl trip in 33 years for the only team in the 3rd largest city enough bullshit to call it a day? They're actually updating the Coliseum so it's not a total shit hole and having food trucks and micro brew stands outside the concorse. If the tickets are as cheap as last year I'm going at this point.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Currently staying in Malibu for a month for work and man, it is Rams Country from my interactions with sports fans. I've yet to hear the chargers even mentioned in any good way.

Anybody that is a local and an NFL fan would have been a Rams fan as a kid. The Chargers moving here was retarded and the NFL should feel bad but since it made Spanos a shit load of "potential" money then nobody gives a shit. Granted there's enough people in the LA area for it to work long term, especially once they move into the Inglewood stadium. But until then they're just not relevant sans the die hards that drive up from SD for the games.

Also did you see the cost of the Inglewood stadium is now at $3bn which necessitated an NFL rules change for a teams debt carry?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm on the fence whether the Bears will move out of dumpster fire territory. My gut says mediocre but my heart says dumpster fire.

Either way not re-upping for the Sunday Ticket package for the 3rd straight year.

Joining the Rams bandwagon doesn't actually sound terrible. Is 1 Super Bowl trip in 33 years for the only team in the 3rd largest city enough bullshit to call it a day? They're actually updating the Coliseum so it's not a total shit hole and having food trucks and micro brew stands outside the concorse. If the tickets are as cheap as last year I'm going at this point.

I think watching the Rams games will be some of the most entertaining of the year. It will be like when I was a kid and they were the local team. I say this even as a fan of the bastardized little brother no one gives a shit about in LA.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Considering your team is garbage with out that position as evidenced by them not having one in ages and yes I would be. Nah continue pissing picks away on much less important pieces like an RB. That has been conclusively proven not to work but go for it.

It's like the Rams were instant contenders after they got Gurley, Miami/Saints instant ones after wasting picks on getting Ricky Weediams, or Hershel Walker wasn't the biggest example of why RB just doesn't ever matter. I understand after the perennial SB champion Cowboys picked a RB at #4, everyone wants to emulate them but maybe the other latest examples like the Rams or Eagles might explain it better.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams and Gurley were dogshit the year before. Gurley is talented obviously, but it takes all 11 as our coach so fondly says often. We had great blocking at the WR position last year with Woods and Watkins and the passing game was a huge threat, especially from the previous year. Rams also hugely upgraded their OL with Whitworth and Sullivan.

If the Rams had stayed the course with Fisher we'd still be talking about Gurley as a bust. Having a great RB is a nice plus, but it's nowhere even on the same playing field as having a franchise QB. Then there is also the difference in the length of careers for each type of player. A franchise QB can last until he's 40 at this point and perhaps beyond.

Heck I got to watch first hand as Marshall Faulks usage destroyed the end of his career.

I'm digging the OBJ rumors, but not at the price of two 1sts. Being a winning team in LA is certainly helping this team get interest from players. Even at the height of the GSOT I don't remember too many big name FA's showing this much interest in the team.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's like the Rams were instant contenders after they got Gurley, Miami/Saints instant ones after wasting picks on getting Ricky Weediams, or Hershel Walker wasn't the biggest example of why RB just doesn't ever matter. I understand after the perennial SB champion Cowboys picked a RB at #4, everyone wants to emulate them but maybe the other latest examples like the Rams or Eagles might explain it better.

If you think the Rams were instant contenders are picking Gurley either you don't watch football or are retarded.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Being a winning team in LA is certainly helping this team get interest from players. .

Fuck the haters on this board, if you have money it's either NYC or LA and LA by far has the better weather. It's fucking 80 out today and if you're a celebrity almost anywhere you go nobody gives a shit. It's why a lot of NBA/NFL players live here in the off-season as well.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Fuck the haters on this board, if you have money it's either NYC or LA and LA by far has the better weather. It's fucking 80 out today and if you're a celebrity almost anywhere you go nobody gives a shit. It's why a lot of NBA/NFL players live here in the off-season as well.

Best weather I have ever lived in. To bad its stupidly expensive.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Best weather I have ever lived in. To bad its stupidly expensive.

Adorable. I have friends who moved to Seattle almost a year ago and they say how cute it is when people complain about the price. 2BR apartment for like $2k/month? What a joke. That'll get you a studio in a shit neighborhood here. People who move to SF now are fools.

I like NYC way more than LA. Weather sucks but I like everything else more by many magnitudes.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Adorable. I have friends who moved to Seattle almost a year ago and they say how cute it is when people complain about the price. 2BR apartment for like $2k/month? What a joke. That'll get you a studio in a shit neighborhood here. People who move to SF now are fools.

I like NYC way more than LA. Weather sucks but I like everything else more by many magnitudes.
I noped the fuck out of the bay area and California in 2007 never to look back.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm partial to Tampa after living there from age 3-24. Great weather if you don't mind quick and heavy afternoon showers and the lack of state income tax is got-damn awesome.

Sterling

El Presidente
Could be worse, you could be in North Dakota oil country and paying that kind of rent and be living in a shithole.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
lol Cathan shut up. I could go back and bring up some of your Saints post that were not only eye rollers, but were literally a study in clinical mental illness.

I make lengthy post from time to time but they are usually observations of current trending topics etc not gobbling up my favorite teams whole dick.

edit: You still never addressed your comments about the Browns using both of their top 4 picks this year on QBs. The main question I had was will they each play a half? *shoves microphone in Cathans face*
No they would compete for the job and trade or release the one they don't want. Just like literally every other team with an open QB slot. Insert duh here.

Jozu it's obvious you know little about football since you spend all your time putting on clinics for cock swallowing and how to anal gape yourself.

Pretty much everyone else already pointed out the obvious that your cock obsessed mind can't grasp. QB is so damn important and the browns are so damn shitty it's worth 2 top picks to try for 1 and if by some miracle you hit on both you trade 1 away...

BTW, I did reply a day or 2 later, it just ended up replying several pages back instead of as the last post, kinda weird how this message board works like that. It's like it saved the place when I started the reply.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm partial to Tampa after living there from age 3-24. Great weather if you don't mind quick and heavy afternoon showers and the lack of state income tax is got-damn awesome.

I am in Orlando now and it is okay. The humidity in Florida makes it a bit of a hell hole but otherwise it is okay. Tampa would be great to live in though.

C Cathan get me into Pantheon.

Sterling Sterling There is a really great theater in Bismark. Grand 22 I think it was. That place is great. Small comfort I know.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you think the Rams were instant contenders are picking Gurley either you don't watch football or are retarded.
I think he was pointing out that they were not contenders, just like all of the other teams that selected a RB with a high pick. He just didn't word it very well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jozu it's obvious you know little about football since you spend all your time putting on clinics for cock swallowing and how to anal gape yourself.

Pretty much everyone else already pointed out the obvious that your cock obsessed mind can't grasp. QB is so damn important and the browns are so damn shitty it's worth 2 top picks to try for 1 and if by some miracle you hit on both you trade 1 away...

BTW, I did reply a day or 2 later, it just ended up replying several pages back instead of as the last post, kinda weird how this message board works like that. It's like it saved the place when I started the reply.

I'm starting to see why we turned into a harmonious and tranquil group of friends while you were gone. Because you're the asshole that makes everyone vitriolic.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Browns would be powerfully stupid to draft a "stud" RB after signing Hyde. Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on Hyde, but the guy is a solid back and some rookie that is supposedly the second coming of Barry Sanders isn't going to give you much better production if your team doesn't have a fucking QB.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Browns would be powerfully stupid to draft a "stud" RB after signing Hyde. Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on Hyde, but the guy is a solid back and some rookie that is supposedly the second coming of Barry Sanders isn't going to give you much better production if your team doesn't have a fucking QB.
For once I totally agree with you.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm

I'm a big fan of New Orleans because I lived there but it's also an amazing city for celebrities. No one bothers celebrities in NOLA,. It's like they blend in and everyone is chill with them. NOLA isn't nearly as expensive as LA or NY. It is the hot dirty south though, LA weather is much better. I lived in LA 94-98.

I'm starting to see why we turned into a harmonious and tranquil group of friends while you were gone. Because you're the asshole that makes everyone vitriolic.

Actually it was Jozu that started mouthing off to me first but really I was just trying to help entertain yall. Thanks a LOT for recognizing my contribution!!!

NFL poised to explore possible elimination of kickoffs
What do yall think of eliminating kickoffs? Honestly, I'm all for it. I think Special Teams is a waste of fucking time. I can't believe they thought moving the ball 5 yards was going to slow players down enough to actually help prevent concussions. Special Teams players, especially gunners and whatnot are known for being extremely fast, 5 yards isn't going to make a difference... I hope they push extra points back until it's literally a flip of the coin as to whether they have the same scoring chance for the extra point or the 2 point conversion. That will improve the game.