2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rams were in NFL purgatory for so long with Jeff Fisher, and Mike Martz I felt bad for their fanbase, as they

Rams should be at 9-1 or 8-1 odds near the Eagles for 2nd favorite to win it all.

Jesus Christ I thought I wrote long posts. Can we change Jozu's name to Sir Wordsworth Longpostfellow

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
New NFL Catch Rule Marks the Beginning of a Let 'Em Play Revolution

aaa.jpg

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
wtf is #3? everyone has the ability to do an act...did they catch the fucking ball is the question.

i see a LOT of fumbles that were incomplete passes previously coming this upcoming year.

how many passes were incomplete where the guy caught the ball in his hands while jumping, landing 2 feet down, then a partial step to start to dodge/turn downfield/etc, then BAM hit/ball gets knocked loose?

what is a third step? jump up land, move a foot in the air and step down in a slightly different spot. players do that ALL the time, so technically landing 1 half little step= football move= completed pass.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wtf is #3? everyone has the ability to do an act...did they catch the fucking ball is the question.

i see a LOT of fumbles that were incomplete passes previously coming this upcoming year.

how many passes were incomplete where the guy caught the ball in his hands while jumping, landing 2 feet down, then a partial step to start to dodge/turn downfield/etc, then BAM hit/ball gets knocked loose?

what is a third step? jump up land, move a foot in the air and step down in a slightly different spot. players do that ALL the time, so technically landing 1 half little step= football move= completed pass.

Agreed. That's 3rd point on #3 is pretty nebulous.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I'm hoping that's where they are heading with this. If a guy extends and the ball is knocked out, it should be a fumble. I'd love to see the imbalance towards the offense start to swing back a little bit.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
that's a lot of volatile personalities for one locker room. could be great; could be a disaster
so basically the NFL changed the rules n the fly wtout telling teams durig the super bowl.

Sad, as t effected the outcome. Pats deserve some kind of draft recompense at least. It's totally unfair to lose a game based on new rules that were not implanted or announced yet.

Report: NFL used new catch rule in Super Bowl replay decisions
so the colts deserve something for playing with Brady's underinflated balls? please, dude

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
that's a lot of volatile personalities for one locker room. could be great; could be a disaster

so the colts deserve something for playing with Brady's underinflated balls? please, dude
I didn't realize that was a close game. Oh wait it wasn't the Colts were garbage.

• 1Faggotry

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
it's also garbage to suggest that notorious cheaters deserve reparations for a game that didn't go their way

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Cathan shut up. I could go back and bring up some of your Saints post that were not only eye rollers, but were literally a study in clinical mental illness.

I make lengthy post from time to time but they are usually observations of current trending topics etc not gobbling up my favorite teams whole dick.

edit: You still never addressed your comments about the Browns using both of their top 4 picks this year on QBs. The main question I had was will they each play a half? *shoves microphone in Cathans face*

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
lol Cathan shut up. I could go back and bring up some of your Saints post that were not only eye rollers, but were literally a study in clinical mental illness.

I make lengthy post from time to time but they are usually observations of current trending topics etc not gobbling up my favorite teams whole dick.

edit: You still never addressed your comments about the Browns using both of their top 4 picks this year on QBs. The main question I had was will they each play a half? *shoves microphone in Cathans face*

No they would compete for the job and trade or release the one they don't want. Just like literally every other team with an open QB slot. Insert duh here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If they draft two QBs they obviously try them out in preseason and go with whatever one looks the best and bench the other. I don't think it's a terrible idea really. If one works out it's worth it. If both work out, they can recoup that first round draft pick and more. If neither work out, they're in the exact same scenario as before and having some dope RB wouldn't make a difference anyway.

• 1Solidarity

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just can't imagine that if it were "your" team you'd be OK with them spending both the 1st and 4th picks on the same position. Hire good people that can pick out the best one and then use the other pick to trade down or grab another great player. It's not like the Browns are simply one position/player away from contending

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd be more upset if they didn't fuck shit up all the time already. Officiating has already ruined a lot of the game. At least the rule was applied to both teams, right? That's the excuse for that terrible Tuck ruling right? Raiders fans know they were screwed by the Pats and a bad rule. Still didn't stop that ring. Dez knows about fucked up rulings as does Megatron. I remember a Dolphins game against the Steelers where most of the officials were from the Pittsburgh area...really fair fumble ruling there too. The point is that if you believe the officiating has ever been anything but shit since at least 2005, you didn't watch games. You watched highlights.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I just can't imagine that if it were "your" team you'd be OK with them spending both the 1st and 4th picks on the same position. Hire good people that can pick out the best one and then use the other pick to trade down or grab another great player. It's not like the Browns are simply one position/player away from contending

Considering your team is garbage with out that position as evidenced by them not having one in ages and yes I would be. Nah continue pissing picks away on much less important pieces like an RB. That has been conclusively proven not to work but go for it.

• 1Solidarity