2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I had to watch my team lose its 1st rnd draft pick for like what, 2 years? And 2nd? And head coach? For 'bounties.' gtfo with this deflates malarkey.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why do you put bounties in quotes implying that they didn't happen?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Garoppolo and Gronk would be fucking amazing. Then you add McKinnon who caught 51 passes last year as a backup, and consider the Niners were a top 3 offense in all major categories the last 5 games of the season last year?

They already paid the cost by bringing in 2 offensive lineman to protect Jimmy G, all they need now is a big time offensive threat.

I doubt Gronk goes anywhere, but it would be interesting.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
All this bullshit...Rams are an injury or 2 away to be shit like any other team.. it happens every year. But I have to say I'm pretty hyped with Cousins as our QB now but we all know he will blow out a knee or something. That's life as a Vikes fan

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Honestly, I don't think it's a huge deal considering the new catch rule makes much more sense and is much easier to understand/confirm. So long as they're all playing by the same rules it seems like a nonfactor. It's not like players are really trying to do something different based on the crazy catch rule, they were still trying to catch the ball the same as before.

Also, it's an unwritten rule that no flags are thrown on the final play of the game whether it's offense or defense. Crabtree got mugged in that Superbowl loss. I've seen teams hold, receivers push off, ridiculously egregious defensive mugging of receivers and everything else happen on the final play of the game without any flags being thrown. Teams mostly know that now and they know most anything goes on the last play, GO OUT AND EARN IT.

I saw someone like Bucky Brooks predicting the Saints taking Lamar Jackson at 27, no fucking way with a wonderlic of 13. QB is a position where the player actually does need to be really smart to learn to digest defenses, know the system and know how to run it well.

Raiders vs Chiefs last year had three plays run with 0 seconds on the clock at the end of the game because of penalties. It's still up to individual refs.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the difference between a player scoring above average and a person scoring real high might not be huge, but there's got to be some kind of minimum threshold to be a decent QB. I mean have you ever listened to a Gore interview? That guy has been a hell of a RB but he's calling him a potato is insulting the intelligence of a potato.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
NFL QBs who scored 14 or below.

David Garrard 14
Seneca Wallace 14
Wayne Madkin 14
Ortega Jenkins 14
Donovan Mcnabb 14
John David Booty 14
Charlie Batch 14
Kordell Stewart 14
Lamar Jackson 13
Rasheed Marshall 13
Brock Berlin 13
Brad Banks 13
Neil O'Donnell 13
Ted White 12
Tobi Karrode 12
Marcus Smith 11
Ell Robertson 11
Romario Miller 11
Tee Martin 11
Michael Bishop 10
Jeff George 10
Chris Leak 8
Vince Evans 8
Terrelle Pryor 7
Vince Young 6
Oscar Davenport 6

Lot of nobodies in there but at least Donovan McNabb, Kordell Stewart, and Jeff George were successful starting quarterbacks. Also, Jim Kelly, Terry Bradshaw, Steve McNair, and Randall Cunningham got 15 and Dan Marino got 16 so obviously you could play QB very well without being a genius, at least back in the day.

Fadaar

That guy
Just cause I was curious about mah starting QB.... Jameis Winston scored 27, which is only 1 point less than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Russell Wilson.

Jozu

I just wish John David Booty did a better job when he had his chance, it was really fun on sports center while that short run lasted.

Reports that Odel Beckham Jr. might be going to the 49ers per Jason LaConfora and various other outlets. They are saying the Rams, Colts and a couple other teams are showing interest but the 49ers still have the cap space to do it and reports are that Lynch is interested in giving him a run for a 1st round pick this year and 49ers 1st round pick next year.

I doubt he goes to San Francisco, but if he did? Wow. He leads the league by a wide margin of receptions with 50 yards after the catch, and is the most explosive player on the field regardless who the Giants are playing every week when he is healthy. The only WR better is Antonio Brown, who has been more durable than OBJ as well, but Beckham, if he can get back to 100% and stay away from cocaine, hookers and the Mediterranean Sea, is still a top 3 wideout in the NFL. Its basically him Brown and Julio Jones.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure OBJ's closeted homosexuality is going to cause him to implode at some point.

• 2Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Lynch is interested in giving him a run for a 1st round pick this year and 49ers 1st round pick next year.

OBJ is great but he has baggage and 2 first rounders for a WR is crazy.

• 1Like

Jozu

Odel is gayer than a 3 dollar bill, but hey, he would love it in San Francisco.

And the reports about 2 1st rounders is what the Giants want, Lynch being prepared to give that up is heavy speculation.

I don't think he is worth that coming off such a serious injury and now finding himself losing endorsement deals and being a locker room cancer.

The 49ers can go get a WR in the draft if they get it right. They are looking at Fitzpatrick at 9 or Smith, but I wouldn't mind if they gambled on Calvin Ridley.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah no way the 49ers would give up 2 1st rounders for OBJ. Maybe a first and a 3rd or something, but who knows if the Giants would take that. And honestly, as good as he is, the drama surrounding him just seems like a bad idea.

I really don't want to see them reach for Ridley at 9, I just don't think he is worth it.

I actually almost am hoping they grab Roquan Smith. The thought of him and Foster manning the middle of the field for the next few years has me thinking of Willis and Bowman. And if Foster decides he is going to continue to be a fuckhead, they already have his replacement lined up.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Odel is gayer than a 3 dollar bill

tenor.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users