Blackwing Lair Raider

reignsrollinschair.gif

• 1Trump
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
New league will go without kickoffs, and NFL will watch closely

“The kickoff is the least popular play, so why do we still have it?” league founder Charlie Ebersol said on CBS. “If you want to go for an onside kick, we give you the ball on your own 35 facing fourth-and-10. If you can convert you get to keep the ball and go. If you don’t, the other team gets the ball.”

I like this idea, will be interesting to see how it goes.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Definitely, especially since I think the conversion rate woukd be higher than onside kicks.

Fadaar

That guy
I like it but at the same time I don't, it gives the refs entirely too much power. Any automatic first down penalty on that play is essentially a gifted turnover.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I like the 4th and 10 option, could increase the conversion rate by quite a bit and while executing onside kicks well is a niche skill, it can be important enough for a good kicker/special teams unit to help sway a game. The 4th and 10 model just gives even more power to the teams with great QB's.

Might be more exciting, but not positive it's the best solution.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I heard someone use that 3 dollar bill term on a Rogan podcast.

*shrug*

I mean, he is gay, he was in a sauna full of dudes, it was like dick soup.

I know this is from a couple weeks ago, but the saying is 'queer as a 3 dollar bill'. It plays on the fact that queer also means strange, and it would indeed be strange to see a 3 dollar bill.

I don't know if it was misused on the rogan show or if you misheard it, I just wanted you to know why we were poking fun

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
New league will go without kickoffs, and NFL will watch closely

I like this idea, will be interesting to see how it goes.

They're idiots, the kickoffs are far from the least interesting play in football. Extra points take that title. Followed closely by any FG under 35 yards. I think punts are more boring than kickoffs. The onsides kick alternative is lacking too. There needs to be another option like if your kicker can put it through the uprights from midfield or something like that. Or if you're better on defense, you can give it to the other team on the 35 with a 4th and 10.

I'll probably watch the new league though if it's carried anywhere.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If only that headline read, “NFL ditching Thursday Night Football.”

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
true true.

IMO the only way for TNF to be truly "good" football is if the teams playing are coming off their bye weeks.

week 1 - no issue tnf is fine
week 2- skip if no bye weeks week one
week 3 teams on week 2 bye (if any) play- otherwise skip
week 4 etc... bye week 3 teams play.
repeat until no more bye weeks, if no bye week- no game.

that way the teams playing have a week and a half rest before the game, and a week and a half rest AFTER...

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Bengals color rush uniforms were dope though. They need to keep the white tiger jerseys.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Raiders color rush jerseys were awesome too. I have a Khalil Mack one, the silver on white with black trim is sick.

• 1Picard

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im a die hard 49ers fan, but I used to collect throwback jerseys in highschool or acquire rare jersey types etc. Its just like a side hobby of mine. I recently got the raiders color rush mack jersey and the 1994 deion sanders 49ers jersey with 75th patch.

And yeah, imagine if Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman all stood together and healthy after Harbaugh left and the Niners developed that defense with better picks instead of Baalke wasting a TON of draft capital on project players, guys coming off ACL's and shit, what a fucking terrible run of picks that guy made. Out of all of those picks only Tank Carradine really panned out and in the end he never really made a huge impact. The 49ers could have had one of the best defensive units of all time, instead Willis retired, Bowman suffered a gruesome leg injury and left, Aldon went off the deep end and that defense disintegrated.

Lynch is gone now as well, so basically every player from that era on defense is either gone, or was there after the core was dismantled (Jimmie Ward etc). The situation with Foster is a tragedy as well, and now the 49ers defense has been bad for 5 years in a row now.

Last edited: