2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The most he will get is 8 games, half the season.

And Im not being a fanboy Im simply reading between the lines. The last time the 49ers had a situation with a player who was accused of domestic abuse they cut him the next day. Turns out, the charges were dropped and he got signed by another team and starts for them.

They would have cut him already if they didnt understand whats going to happen. He isnt going to jail, and the league will discipline him with a 6 or 8 game suspension and that will be that.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As proof of their great insight, jozu cites a time they cut someone a day before charges were dropped and was then allowed to start for another team.

reece.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

You must of read my post wrong.

I criticized Lynch for cutting the last guy with a domestic so swiftly, hence my argument he won't be cutting Foster as he learned that lesson last year.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You must of read my post wrong.

I criticized Lynch for cutting the last guy with a domestic so swiftly, hence my argument he won't be cutting Foster as he learned that lesson last year.

And you misunderstood my point. They didn't have insight then and they probably don't now. They're just waiting as long as they can. It's just hope on their part. But you're presenting it like they ABSOLUTELY MUST have some special insight.

They are probably right to wait because unless you have video of your domestic assault you're probably not getting banned from the league. So, it's just playing the odds, not having special sources or the like.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And you misunderstood my point. They didn't have insight then and they probably don't now. They're just waiting as long as they can. It's just hope on their part. But you're presenting it like they ABSOLUTELY MUST have some special insight.

They are probably right to wait because unless you have video of your domestic assault you're probably not getting banned from the league. So, it's just playing the odds, not having special sources or the like.
This. The reason they cut Brock so quick was because they didn't view him as nearly the same talent level as Foster, and he wasn't one of "their" guys. It has nothing to do with them supposedly knowing how the criminal charges are going to play out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This. The reason they cut Brock so quick was because they didn't view him as nearly the same talent level as Foster, and he wasn't one of "their" guys. It has nothing to do with them supposedly knowing how the criminal charges are going to play out.

Which is SOP for the NFL for decades now. And there's nothing wrong with it. Jimmy Johnson was once famously said that if the 53rd guy on the roster falls asleep at a meeting, he gets cut that day. A reporter asked him what he would do if Troy Aikman fell asleep, and Jimmy said "Get him a pillow."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Being a Dolphins fan I hate losing maybe their best offensive player, but he's not worth that kind of contract.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope the Chargers draft Mason Rudolph and I am shocked but like that no one is talking about him. That probably means he will go first over all.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
With the Mike Evans (good contract) and Landry (bad contract) I wonder how much OBJ is going to ask for.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
With the Mike Evans (good contract) and Landry (bad contract) I wonder how much OBJ is going to ask for.
He wants QB money which is why I would have traded him if I were the Giants.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Giants can't live without Odel.

They hit the lottery when they drafted him and they need to just pay the man.if they don't that franchise will fall into obscurity and their fanbase will forever hang their hat on those 2 triumphs over the Pats, while they go 6-10 every year until 2023.

Edit: Eli should be serviceable for at least 2 more seasons. Ben McAdoo might of been the worse coach of all time.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Giants can't live without Odel.

They hit the lottery when they drafted him and they need to just pay the man.if they don't that franchise will fall into obscurity and their fanbase will forever hang their hat on those 2 triumphs over the Pats, while they go 6-10 every year until 2023.

Edit: Eli should be serviceable for at least 2 more seasons. Ben McAdoo might of been the worse coach of all time.

Got to keep that one WR for success. Just look at all the rings Fitzgerald got the Cardinals.

• 1Like

Jozu

Giants offense without Beckham has been fucking awful. I don't even like the guy but he is a dynamic playmaker who can literally win a game for you.

If they don't pay him and he leaves he is going to ball out. The injury and bad press sucks but he is a top 3 WR.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Schedules are released. Kind of annoyed the 49ers and Seahawks play against each other in week 13 and 15. I hate how that always seems to happen with at least a couple teams throughout the year. Wish they could find a way to space it out more

• 1Solidarity