2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals @ Chargers on December 9. I might go to that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49rers have a great schedule.

They have a good number of winnable games in their first 8, and then the last 8 5 will be at home and 6 on the west coast or something like that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
49ers have the most nationally televised games this year. Going to be rough if Jimmy has a bit of a slump or gets hurt.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers have the most nationally televised games this year. Going to be rough if Jimmy has a bit of a slump or gets hurt.
Man I was thinking the same thing. Clearly everyone is in on the hype of Jimmy G and the 49ers, but holy hell let's reign it in a bit. I have high hopes, but the team still has a long ways to go.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This happens to up and coming teams all the time. Expectations go through the roof when they are probably still a year out from actually being a contender.

Jozu

But you guys have to admit,as fellow 49er fans, that its a great feeling. I cant remember the last time a team went from the abyss in the same conversation as the Browns for the worse team in the league, to 20-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and booked for the most prime time games in the NFL! ( in less than 9 months ).

The 2012 49ers had a historically good defense and I remember that squad like it was yesterday. The SportsCenter clips of Harbaugh with his guys in the locker room yelling "who has it better than us? NOBODY!!!!" with Bowman and Willis, 2 All Pro linebackers patrolling the field. Kap was taking the league by storm, rushing for 183 yards in a playoff game. They made it to the SuperBowl after an epic comeback win against Atlanta. That nucleus was touted to be good for the foreseeable future.

Then everything went to hell, Harbaugh left, Willis retired, a guy named Tomsula was our coach and is back to selling insurance, and we started the season last year 0-9 with our 4th coach in 4 years. It was literally a fucking nightmare. Now all of the sudden we are the darling dark horse pick of the NFL to be a contender and will be getting a ton of prime time slots to prove it.

All because of a guy named Jim.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Listen, of course I am excited, and it is a good feeling. I haven't been this excited during an offseason since the season they lost to the Seahawks in the NFC championship game. I just want everyone to reign in the expectations a little bit. The team is still extremely young, and not very deep at most of the positions, and still has question marks around several positions. I am excited, no doubt. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high.

In Reuben Foster news, his girlfriend hired a lawyer. That typically means the victim doesn't want to cooperate with prosecutors. However, it's possible there is already enough physical evidence against him anyway. I can't wait until all of this shit is over. If he makes it out of this relatively unscathed, I really hope he learns a lesson and strives to be a better person.

Victim in Reuben Foster case hires an attorney. Here's what that means

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wish I had hope in this upcoming season. At least the Niner excitement in SF should be fun.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the Rams scare me a bit. They've been almost too active in FA. I heard they have Vince on their radar as the backup

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
But you guys have to admit,as fellow 49er fans, that its a great feeling. I cant remember the last time a team went from the abyss in the same conversation as the Browns for the worse team in the league, to 20-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and booked for the most prime time games in the NFL! ( in less than 9 months ).
Yup one position will do that for you and it sure as fuck isn't a wide receiver.

• 1Worf

Jozu

Yup one position will do that for you and it sure as fuck isn't a wide receiver.

Ha, well played.

Doesn't change the fact the Giants were a pretty good offense with OBJ and dogshit without him. Most systems are dependant on QB play but there are outliers where a skill position player is so effective the offense can't function without them.

Cowboys are another example with Zeke. Giants with Odel.