2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals only drafted one offensive lineman so far. And drafted a RB because we definitely needed one of those. Great moves, Bengals.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

For another 6th rounder...

Can't help thinking about watching Hard Knocks a couple years ago when they were talking about him like he was the most important guy on the team. I guess a few other things have worked out better for them since.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't help thinking about watching Hard Knocks a couple years ago when they were talking about him like he was the most important guy on the team. I guess a few other things have worked out better for them since.
The most important guy on Jeff fisher’s teams.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost every major outlet loved the Giants draft from top to bottom.

So basically, every pick completely sucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Almost every major outlet loved the Giants draft from top to bottom.

So basically, every pick completely sucked.

Draft grades are all about analysts jerking themselves off. They will contradict themselves almost immediately depending on their previous opinions. With that said, Giants had a solid draft but I really dislike the Barkley pick. They filled a lot of needs tho and just like QB picks, no one will give a shit if Barkley does as he did this past season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone who is hating on Barkley is gonna look like fucking retards when he is being outfitted for a bronze bust in Canton.

This guy is that good, I'm not sure people understand it.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I don't think people are hating on Barkley, but more on the absolute glaring needs that needed to be addressed. It seemed like the Giants had a bunch prime time games last season which in turn put the spotlight on what a shit show that O-line was. It really may have been one of the worst I've ever seen.

With all that being said, I definitely believe Macapoo had a hand in the suckage I witnessed. Maybe the 2nd round OL they picked up and Solder is enough to make it salvageable now in addition to actually having a real RB in the backfield. Looking at their 2017 depth chart they had some less than stellar guys at that position.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think people are hating on Barkley, but more on the absolute glaring needs that needed to be addressed. It seemed like the Giants had a bunch prime time games last season which in turn put the spotlight on what a shit show that O-line was. It really may have been one of the worst I've ever seen.

With all that being said, I definitely believe Macapoo had a hand in the suckage I witnessed. Maybe the 2nd round OL they picked up and Solder is enough to make it salvageable now in addition to actually having a real RB in the backfield. Looking at their 2017 depth chart they had some less than stellar guys at that position.
Overpaying for Solder and drafting a really good prospect in the 2nd certainly helps.

However, we lost our only 2 decent linemen in Pugh and Richburg, so who the fuck knows.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Grading drafts before any of the picks have played a single snap is legit. Like how the Cowboys 2016 draft went from terrible to the greatest draft class of all time to below average to who knows what after next season.

Calling any draft "great" in under 3-5 years is a waste of time. The only thing you can be sure of is the Brown's draft will suck and shit like Tampa Bay picking a kicker in the 2nd round.

Jozu

The Giants o-line might be trash, or even a dumpster fire this season, but Barkley is the best run blocker out of all RB prospects. As the last line of protection, Barkley can stifle slashers in order to buy Eli the half second he needs to complete his release.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Everyone who is hating on Barkley is gonna look like fucking retards when he is being outfitted for a bronze bust in Canton.

This guy is that good, I'm not sure people understand it.

By the time he's in the HOF nobody will remember who hated on him. But if he ryan leaf's it, everyone will remember you saying how awesome he is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Good point. But at least Dave Gettleman will be out of a job and look like a complete fag with how bad he wanted to draft that kid.

No way Saquan is a bust.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
My suspicion, based on scouting reports, is that Saquon needs a good line to be successful. Do the Giants have that line? Not really, so I imagine he'll be mediocre to average this year.

• 1Like

Jozu

Honestly though Ameraves, as a fellow Niner fan, the guy is an NFL starting caliber safety, I dont give a fuck how "weak" the market is, he should be on an NFL roster, period. You, or anyone else, isnt going to tell me that Eric Rieds career has declined so much so, that a weak market might potentially lead to him not being signed in 2018. He most definitely could be a back up on one of the 32 NFL teams, get the fuck out of here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Honestly, I actually question his not getting a job more than Kaepernick's. He was a pretty good safety and I don't know what kind of money he was looking for but it probably wasn't 20M a year. I don't think he has any chance of successfully suing the NFL over it unless they are incredibly stupid, but it is odd that he couldn't get a job anywhere.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
One thing is sure though now that he is suing he is done in the NFL.