2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Teams are waiting until May 12th so they can sign the remaining ufas without losing draft compensation. He is an idiot for suing before that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I dont think he should of sued, but he has he same laywer as Keaperbro, so yea.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I 100% agree, he is a good safety and deserves to be on a team. However, that does not mean it is collusion.

NFL owners don't want to deal with the negative attention that comes with the guys that protest, it really is that simple. They aren't all secretly meeting telling each other not to sign these guys though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They aren't all secretly meeting telling each other not to sign these guys though.

After all the bs with the uncapped year from awhile back...have a hard time believing it's a 0% chance they didn't meet and say exactly that to each other.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd love to have Reid opposite Collins.

No shot in hell that piece of shit Mara signs off on it, though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Posted in the General Forum, but figured it's relevant here. Glad I decided to part ways with supporting the Redskins completely.

Sounds like this came about because of complaints from some Dolphins cheerleaders. I imagine in the coming weeks the NFL is going to have another full blown crisis on its hands.

Merrith

Posted in the General Forum, but figured it's relevant here. Glad I decided to part ways with supporting the Redskins completely.

Sounds like this came about because of complaints from some Dolphins cheerleaders. I imagine in the coming weeks the NFL is going to have another full blown crisis on its hands.

That's some serious shit. I bet we hear even more stories come out after all this. Fucked up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's some serious shit. I bet we hear even more stories come out after all this. Fucked up.
Yeah, on re-reading my post that wasn't really clear what I meant. I imagine it'll come out that every team with cheerleaders probably does some incredibly dubious shit to them.

Merrith

Yeah, on re-reading my post that wasn't really clear what I meant. I imagine it'll come out that every team with cheerleaders probably does some incredibly dubious shit to them.

Well it's bad enough that the team I root for is already outed as pulling some shit. Agreed that it wouldn't be shocking in the slightest if pretty much all the teams have been engaging in similar shit, though.

• 1Like

Araxen

The NFL is going to change its kickoff rules to try to keep the play in the game

The committee’s proposal is expected to be completed by Monday and includes recommendations delivered by special teams coaches during a meeting Wednesday at the NFL’s offices in Manhattan. The changes, if ratified by the owners when they meet later this month in Atlanta, would take effect during the upcoming 2018 season.

The proposal being formulated Wednesday bans players on the kicking team from getting a running start on their way downfield. It eliminates all forms of “wedge” blocking, where multiple blockers link together, by the receiving team. It requires eight of the 11 members of the receiving team to line up within 15 yards of the spot of the kickoff and bars hitting within those 15 yards. It keeps players on the kicking team from going in motion pre-kick.

Meh...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i like the running start / wedge blocking changes. should favor the receiving team, right? so more exciting kickoffs.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this part:

"It requires eight of the 11 members of the receiving team to line up within 15 yards of the spot of the kickoff and bars hitting within those 15 yards. "

i'm not sure of the reason for

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everyone who is hating on Barkley is gonna look like fucking retards when he is being outfitted for a bronze bust in Canton.

This guy is that good, I'm not sure people understand it.
I agree it not that bad of a pick, especially for a team who plans on winning right now.