2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Gronk is to Gates as Terrell Davis is to Frank Gore. I think there's room for both people who were incredible for a short time and those who were very good for a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gronk is to Gates as Terrell Davis is to Frank Gore. I think there's room for both people who were incredible for a short time and those who were very good for a long time.

Gronk's been in the league 8 years. I can buy not calling that a long time, but it's not a short time, either. Tied for most 1,000 yard receiving seasons by a TE with 4 (Gonzalez, Witten), and has the most 10+ TD seasons by a TE with 5.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Gronk is also a very good blocker, which is something that often gets overlooked in TE discussions but is pretty damn important.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Gronk is also a very good blocker, which is something that often gets overlooked in TE discussions but is pretty damn important.

We never overlook that around here in Redskin land. Anyone someone gets overexciting and calls Jordan Reed one of the best "all around" TE's in the league the smarter fans raise an eyebrow and ask about his blocking.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

As mentioned, Gronk has been around for 8 very productive years. I'd put the comparison closer to Gore and Barry Sanders in realistic terms. Two amazing talents that may both leave a lot of football on the table.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea Gonzo and Gates are Hall of Famers but Gronk is in a different realm.

His blocking ability rates are the highest in the NFL, he can run every route known to man, is a matchup nightmare, and is one of the most prolific red zone threats in history.

Cornerbacks can't defend him, linebackers can't cover him, and he commands a double, even triple team coverage. His numbers are WR numbers, he is an incredible athlete. When he is gone all fans should miss him because you will probably never see a player like that again.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

Gronk is that crazy Russian dude in XXX

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
We never overlook that around here in Redskin land. Anyone someone gets overexciting and calls Jordan Reed one of the best "all around" TE's in the league the smarter fans raise an eyebrow and ask about his blocking.

Yep. Reed is especially a terrible blocker when he is not in uniform watching from the sidelines with another injury. :rolleyes:

Merrith

Yep. Reed is especially a terrible blocker when he is not in uniform watching from the sidelines with another injury. :rolleyes:

Actually, by default our blocking at the TE position gets better whenever he is out hurt.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Saw that earlier, the signs were all there he will be trouble. "Diluted" sample at the combine, busted for pot last month and now being held without bail on domestic violence

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There are only minor details coming out, but it sounds like he got in a fight with his long time girlfriend and apparently did something to her. Oh yeah, and he was also arrested for having a rifle of some sort. Apparently he already posted bail, but this just doesn't look good at all.

I honestly hate to say this, but I if it is even close to true, they just need to release him.

Such a fucking waste. Apparently we drafted another Aldon Smith

Jozu

OR, Lynch learns from cutting Tremaine Brock a DAY after he was charged with domestic assault, only for the charges to be dropped 2 months later and he now plays for the Vikings.

49ers will wait and see how this shakes out. The conduct policy will determine if he keeps his roster spot because they don't want to eat all that dead money if they just cut him.

He might just end up facing a 4 or 6 game suspension and put this behind him. If he does the league better watch out, because young black linebackers who beat women are usually fantastic players on the field. It's like a sign you look for in an elite defender, he has to be a bit crazy, a bit violent, a little unstable.

Think Lawrence Taylor. You want your linebacker beating women, getting caught with coke and whores etc, it usually means they are maniacs on the field and dominate.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You want your linebacker beating women

Excuse-me-What.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Lol it was obviously a joke.

But usually the linebackers who are domestically violent are voilent on the field.