2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You read about talented RB's at the youth level being told to convert to Cornerback, now you know why lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals traded from 12 to 21 to get a good LT from the Bills. That's exciting, right?

Actually I'm all about that move. Our OL situation has been garbage and it's by far our biggest priority.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Seems like there's mixed opinions on Sherman's deal.

Don't know much about this guy but the O-line can certainly use some improvement.

Supposedly the 9ers are also interested in Jordy Nelson. He would be a bigger guy and with him and Goodwin they would have some serious speed at WR.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
If you somehow couldn't understand why Garrapolo got the contract he did, $15 Mil guaranteed for 1 year of Bradford says it all.

As for Cousins, smells like Elway's feeling the heat - how Cousins turns out will either end Elway or get him another decade in the job. I doubt the contract will change much in the short term though - everyone will be watching to see if Cousins has a collarbone / ACL / what have you this year and the Broncos flushed $50 Mil down the toilet. If it works out well though, the market in 2020 could be interesting.

And as a Wisconsinite, the Graham news seems about 3 years too late for me to care. He'll get a ton of red zone passes, but not sure of what else.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you somehow couldn't understand why Garrapolo got the contract he did, $15 Mil guaranteed for 1 year of Bradford says it all.

As for Cousins, smells like Elway's feeling the heat - how Cousins turns out will either end Elway or get him another decade in the job. I doubt the contract will change much in the short term though - everyone will be watching to see if Cousins has a collarbone / ACL / what have you this year and the Broncos flushed $50 Mil down the toilet. If it works out well though, the market in 2020 could be interesting.

And as a Wisconsinite, the Graham news seems about 3 years too late for me to care. He'll get a ton of red zone passes, but not sure of what else.

Uh, cousins is signing with the Vikings by all reports... Elway works for the broncos. Broncos appear to have terms with keenum.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Seems like there's mixed opinions on Sherman's deal.

Don't know much about this guy but the O-line can certainly use some improvement.

Supposedly the 9ers are also interested in Jordy Nelson. He would be a bigger guy and with him and Goodwin they would have some serious speed at WR.
The Sherman deal is just him 100% betting on himself. If he is an all pro selection he'll make himself some good money. If not, he won't It's not really a player friendly deal, so many people see it as a bad contract .

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I feel like anyone who sees it as a bad deal is the kind of person who has no self confidence. It'd be like taking a bunch of salesmen and letting them choose between minimum wage + big commissions or making $10/hr with no/tiny commission.

Also when you're dealing with millions and millions of dollars, you can get away with having an ego even if it backfires. Not like the dude is going to suddenly be living at my level if he blows everything and only gets his $2m base.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Niners sign McKinnon at 7.5m a year. I think that's vastly overpaying a guy who had a fairly shitty time running the ball the past two seasons, but he's exactly the type of back Shanahan wants in his system.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Niners sign McKinnon at 7.5m a year. I think that's vastly overpaying a guy who had a fairly shitty time running the ball the past two seasons, but he's exactly the type of back Shanahan wants in his system.

I wonder if this means Hyde is gone.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sherman's contract is similar to Keapernicks like I said. Heavily incentive based, the front office is really pressuring guys into signing these trigger based contracts.

It's good because they save money on bad investments, but it's bad because free agents will be weary of going there when there's always a team like the Titans who will throw money at you for having a pulse.

Hyde is definitely gone. El Guapo didn't live up to the hype anyway.