2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget Hard Knocks starts tonight. Get to watch them Browns!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This half of football by the Rams backups reminds me of all the years we sucked before last year. Awesome nostalgia.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
dude game 1 of the preseason.... this game is almost as useless as a browns regular season game
I can't help it, I am emotional!

On a more serious note. The number of 49ers injuries already is troubling as well

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Redskins' backups go up 17-0...then allow 26 straight points with the 3rd and 4th string guys. Couple guys dinged up already too (Guice and Ion Man). Eh. Not sure what to feel yet until I hear about the injuries.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers are always shaky in the preseason for some reason. 4 different coaches in 4 years is A LOT, maybe more turnover than any team in NFL history in such a short span. And they went 2-2 all 4 seasons.

With that said, if Kittle is hurt that is a huge fucking loss. 49ers are thin at TE, and Kittle would probably have one of the highest usage rates for a TE in the league. Hopefully he is OK.

The defensive injuries are troubling as well. Stregnth and conditioning coach needs to step his game up.

Jimmy G is going to keep winning games though. McKinnon is going to be a revelation, the numbers point to that if his touches sky rocket. He caught what, 70 balls last year in a Vikings offense that featured Dalvin Cook.

As the lead back he could approach 85 receptions and probably rush for 900 yards. If Goodwin continues to progress and Pettis actually contributes their offense could be great.

They were the 3rd best offense in the league over the last 5 games Garoppolo started last year, with one of the least talented rosters. Now they add some protection on the offensive line, and McKinnon? I dont see how they are not a top 10 offense esp with this easier schedule.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Garoppolo is going to 7TD and 4INT his way to victory.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Some of his picks were bad throws, but most were just poor decisions. That can be addressed, he has also made some ridiculous completions in tight windows and was highly impressive late in games.

I dont know how anyone can hate on Jimmy G. The guy has done everything he can up to this point. I mean he only single handedly turned around an entire franchise and energized a demoralized fanbase.

Vegas also agrees with me.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Some of his picks were bad throws, but most were just poor decisions. That can be addressed, he has also made some ridiculous completions in tight windows and was highly impressive late in games.

I dont know how anyone can hate on Jimmy G. The guy has done everything he can up to this point. I mean he only single handedly turned around an entire franchise and energized a demoralized fanbase.

Vegas also agrees with me.

Well, if Vegas agrees, then it's a wrap. Eagles should have just listened last year. A look back at the Eagles' and Patriots' Super Bowl odds as the 2017 season progressed

I like Jimmy G a lot but 49ers fans could change that quickly lol. Jimmy didn't do it alone either. He's got a damn fine HC and there were some solid pieces last year. If Tom Brady didn't do it...and he didn't, then neither did Jimmy.

Jozu

What solid pieces do you speak of, sir? Before Jimmy the Niners were basically winless and hopeless. Offense was beyond anemic.

Carlos Hyde isnt a solid piece, as he now plays for the Browns. Couldn't stay healthy and was marginal in most contests.

They had nothing at receiver besides Goodwin who only came alive after Jimmy started. Garopollo's performance last year was impressive as fuck, in fact, you couldn't really ask for anything better from a fan perspective.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think Hyde was traded because he's bad. He's a big bruising back that can run for tough yards up the middle. He just wasn't well suited to Shanahan's offense where he wants his backs smaller and faster and better at catching the ball. In a lot of offenses Hyde could be very successful and frankly he was very successful in Shanahan's as well, just not exactly what he wanted.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What solid pieces do you speak of, sir? Before Jimmy the Niners were basically winless and hopeless. Offense was beyond anemic.

Carlos Hyde isnt a solid piece, as he now plays for the Browns. Couldn't stay healthy and was marginal in most contests.

They had nothing at receiver besides Goodwin who only came alive after Jimmy started. Garopollo's performance last year was impressive as fuck, in fact, you couldn't really ask for anything better from a fan perspective.

Hyde played all year and almost had a 1000 rushing season with 350 receiving yards. If that isn't solid, then you don't know the game. He also Goodwin almost had 1000 yards receiving. Kittle and Celek are solid TEs. Solid defense after the offense started helping out. Having shitty options at QB can limit good players. I know this is hard to understand...but he didn't do it solo.

Jozu

Hyde is an average RB. I'm not sure it was worth drafting him so high IMO.

And I'm not giving Garopollo all the credit I'm simply stating he did the best possibile job he could have given the circumstances and deserves a ton of credit.

And if you actually watched the games and not looking up stats, a lot of Hydes production was heavily linked to the 49ers inept QB situation. They couldn't move the ball through the air at all and often times Hyde would get the ball by default.

His yards per carry isnt that great, if anything he was a solid blocker and overall a strong runner but the 49ers didnt re sign him because of multiple reasons, system fit being one.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pre-season, blah blah blah - hate to say this, but Baker looked great last night. Took a few unnecessary sacks, but overall looked comfortable. Between Hard Knocks Tuesday and the game last night, it's only a matter of time before his (shitty) personality wins over that team. Taylor looked great too, hoping Jackson picks one guy and rides him.

I imagine Tyrod will deservedly start the season, the Browns will tank and Mayfield will be starter by week 5.

Dallas looks.... okay. Still have zero faith in the WR's, still hope they can lock a deal down for Thomas, and still think Garrett is the king of the cucks. Have zero expectations this season.

Dez looks like he may be headed to Cleveland and I think that's a decent spot for him.

49ers picked up some injuries last night that they really can't afford to have.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hyde was solid, Shanahan just refused to pound him enough down near the goal line. Kept fucking me in fantasy the amount of times he called passing plays inside the 5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users