2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps with only like 2 high danger chances against tonight. Amazing how it looks better when they aren't giving up odd man rushes/breakaways left and right.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
“Kassian grabs tchuck who is focused on following the pick up the ice for an offensive play”- nhl dops video. Nicest phrasing of “is running away”

Not only did Trouba get punched in the face for slashing Dunn, he got fined 5k lol.
Trouba definitely deserved both

Last edited:

Merrith

Shutout for Samsonov, I'm sure he doesn't mind but seemed like he was barely tested tonight.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Shutout for Samsonov, I'm sure he doesn't mind but seemed like he was barely tested tonight.

All it took to end the losing streak was playing Samsonov instead of Holtby. Agreed that Samsonov only faced maybe 3-4 really dangerous shots, but Holtby would've given up a goal on all of them

Merrith

All it took to end the losing streak was playing Samsonov instead of Holtby. Agreed that Samsonov only faced maybe 3-4 really dangerous shots, but Holtby would've given up a goal on all of them

Exaggerating a bit, I do think Samsonov is playing better right now, but pretty sure Holtby gets an easy win tonight, too. Other then refs evening up the calls a bit in the 2nd period, Carolina didn't do a whole lot tonight.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exaggerating a bit, I do think Samsonov is playing better right now, but pretty sure Holtby gets an easy win tonight, too. Other then refs evening up the calls a bit in the 2nd period, Carolina didn't do a whole lot tonight.

Agreed and probably due to a) Caps played a really good game b) this was 3rd game in 4 days for the Canes so maybe a little gassed and c) Samsonov was good. There are some games that you just know you're not going to win due to body language and after watching that 2nd period where the Canes had 3 pp's and did nothing plus outshooting the Caps in the 2nd period but never felt they were putting any pressure on Samsonov, even though the score was 2-0 it felt like 4-0. The only bright spot I thought was Mrazek made some pretty decent saves, especially in the 3rd. He would of liked that 2nd Ovi goal back. I think the season series is done at 2-2.

I think it would be a hell of a playoff series if they met again this year though.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure about the extension the Caps gave Backstrom. 5 years $46m seems like it may be a bit long; don't think he'll be worth it by the end. If we were going to make his AAV so high, I would've preferred 3 years, see how it plays out, give him another extension at the end (for less $) if he's still playing well at that point

Merrith

Not sure about the extension the Caps gave Backstrom. 5 years $46m seems like it may be a bit long; don't think he'll be worth it by the end. If we were going to make his AAV so high, I would've preferred 3 years, see how it plays out, give him another extension at the end (for less $) if he's still playing well at that point

Supposedly GMBM approached him about 3 years but Nick wanted 5 to finish his career here. I think by year 5 he'll clearly not be the same player, although I don't think his visions/passing skills will decline at all. Jumbo Joe still effective at his age because of his playmaking. I don't know, when it's Backstrom, I can't be as mad about it like I was worried about the 8 year deals given to Oshie and Carlson at the time (although neither of them are slowing down yet, Carlson actually improving still).

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gallant out for Deboer? He must of fucked someone's sister, this is a weird one. Kind of wouldn't mind Rangers grabbing him, but its doubtful.

Merrith

Gallant out for Deboer? He must of fucked someone's sister, this is a weird one. Kind of wouldn't mind Rangers grabbing him, but its doubtful.

Look at his record with Florida and Vegas. Is he just real abrasive that people don't like him?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
By all accounts he is loved by his players, then and now. Florida used him as a scapegoat when he got canned there. But yeah, I guess that doesn't matter if he is butting heads with upper management.

Regardless, further reports are saying it is purely performance based which is just pants on head retarded (especially considering his replacement).

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a Sharks fan..

...what?

I guess Seattle got its new coach.

Last edited: