2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps actively trying to tank Samsonov's numbers now giving up more short-handed breakaways.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The Caps gave up an alarming number of good looks tonight and Samsonov held up quite well. Broken record here, but Holtby gives up at least 4 tonight, Samsonov had some legit robberies out there.

On another note, Caps have given up 5 short handed goals in their last 11 games. That needs to be cleaned up immediately

Merrith

The Caps gave up an alarming number of good looks tonight and Samsonov held up quite well. Broken record here, but Holtby gives up at least 4 tonight, Samsonov had some legit robberies out there.

On another note, Caps have given up 5 short handed goals in their last 11 games. That needs to be cleaned up immediately

Didn't think they gave up that many tonight, clearly outplayed Jersey. Although agree 100% on the shorties, not sure what Carlson was doing on that play. Holtby or Samsonov, you're just playing with fire letting guys go in alone. Even worse when you're up a man.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Look at his record with Florida and Vegas. Is he just real abrasive that people don't like him?
When he left Florida, management wanted to go to heavy into an analytics system and he was very against it. He's more of a if I see the player play I'll know if he's a match and not by the numbers which caused a bunch a friction. I'm a Panthers fan and he never bothered me. I was happy he did so well when he went to Vegas.

Last edited:

Merrith

Ovechkin officially enters top 10 goals all time, goal #690 ties Lemieux. Also good to see Holtby has bad luck in addition to his normal struggles, guess I can't really blame Gudas for puck going in off him.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Ovechkin officially enters top 10 goals all time, goal #690 ties Lemieux. Also good to see Holtby has bad luck in addition to his normal struggles, guess I can't really blame Gudas for puck going in off him.

Bad luck would be saving 90% and having a lucky shot to in. Being bad is saving 81% and having a lucky shot go in, Holtby is the latter

Merrith

Bad luck would be saving 90% and having a lucky shot to in. Being bad is saving 81% and having a lucky shot go in, Holtby is the latter

To be fair, he had 2 unlucky ones today. Although we got one of those back with the 2nd Ovechkin goal.

But I'm on board, team just plays better in front of Samsonov, too. Insane 3rd period.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yaph

Molten Core Raider
That islander doing the bird flap cele in the 2nd must feel dumb right about now.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hate to say it, but I really think the Sharks should consider putting burns up for trade. He has been one of our more miserable d-men this year and looks to be way on the decline. I think the perception of him is more idilic and it means we could get a lot back. Of course, San Jose has this history of hanging on to guys way too long so I doubt this will happen. I'm a little worried at the lack of trade talk we're hearing about the team.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why is Toronto imploding now?

1579550990094.gif