2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gonna miss Dillon. His physical game was on-point and he was a team guy. Grats Merrith Merrith

Price a little high maybe, but perhaps he can inject some good defensive play into our D men, who sorely need it right now. Not sure if this will have Kempny sitting or just moved down in the lineup, but would be welcome right now. It's ironic because I'm sure GMBM is hoping Dillon is this year's 2018's Kempny.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Price a little high maybe, but perhaps he can inject some good defensive play into our D men, who sorely need it right now. Not sure if this will have Kempny sitting or just moved down in the lineup, but would be welcome right now. It's ironic because I'm sure GMBM is hoping Dillon is this year's 2018's Kempny.

I honestly think we gave him up for too little, considering we retained half of his salary.

Merrith

I honestly think we gave him up for too little, considering we retained half of his salary.

Given his wasn't a high hit, I'm not sure how much it added. Obviously we had to have you retain some, although not a full 50%. Wonder if that was to leave some space open for another potential depth move.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given his wasn't a high hit, I'm not sure how much it added. Obviously we had to have you retain some, although not a full 50%. Wonder if that was to leave some space open for another potential depth move.

Hey, 3.7M next year will be nice to have off the books. Given the cap hell we are in I will take anything we can get. This year it obviously doesn't matter. Also, that second from Colorado is so high that it's practically a 3rd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
So when Seattle gets their team will they move a team from the Pacific over to Central or put Seattle in Central? Would be weird to have an actual west coast team in the Central. I vote to move the Coyotes since nobody likes them anyway.

Edit: So I looked at a map to get a better perspective and yeah, Coyotes you lose. Also whoever the crackhead was that made the EC divisions with the Lightning and Panthers being lumped in with all the Canadian teams needs to be kicked in the cock repeatedly though I don't mind fewer games against the Caps every year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

Yeah I mean I grew up on the Patrick Division, so I love being in the Metro. Weird that Carolina tagged along but is what it is.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I mean I grew up on the Patrick Division, so I love being in the Metro. Weird that Carolina tagged along but is what it is.

It really irked me because I was living in NC when they did the realignment. I got there in 2010 an always had 3 chances to go see the Lightning play every year then it dropped down to 2 chances in the 2013-2014 season and 1 in 2014-2015. Though I DID get out of the AF and moved back down to FL in August 2014 so the season hadn't even started yet but if I *HAD* still been there...

Merrith

It really irked me because I was living in NC when they did the realignment. I got there in 2010 an always had 3 chances to go see the Lightning play every year then it dropped down to 2 chances in the 2013-2014 season and 1 in 2014-2015. Though I DID get out of the AF and moved back down to FL in August 2014 so the season hadn't even started yet but if I *HAD* still been there...

It's just super weird to have the Florida teams in the Atlantic. I get it, they probably couldn't find a good way to split everyone up and they wanted the old Patrick division rivalries.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just not the same as it used to be with the old southeast division

Yea but it sure feels great dicking down Boston every now and then.

Also 10PM for tonight's game against VGK. Fuck and I have to watch it because
A) VGK always brings the fire.
B) I gotta make sure Reilly Smith gets some points, but not too many for fantasy.
C) Going for 12 straight
D) Coleman makes his debut with Tampa

Merrith

Obsidian Obsidian Holtby already faced two clean breakaways 6 minutes in. Really think they should have sat Kempny instead of Siegenthaler.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Obsidian Obsidian Holtby already faced two clean breakaways 6 minutes in. Really think they should have sat Kempny instead of Siegenthaler.

Kempny has not been the same since the injury. I wasn't a big fan of Burakovsky last year but I almost wish we had kept him and traded Kempny, he's having a pretty big breakout year. Obviously would require hindsight to make that sort of decision though (and yes I realize they don't really play the same position)

Merrith

Kempny has not been the same since the injury. I wasn't a big fan of Burakovsky last year but I almost wish we had kept him and traded Kempny, he's having a pretty big breakout year. Obviously would require hindsight to make that sort of decision though (and yes I realize they don't really play the same position)

I had a thought they would just bump Kempny down somewhere and sit Siegenthaler because he's the young guy, but not sure I think it was the best move. I want to think it's just because they don't like Holtby, but they've been doing it to Samsonov his last couple starts, too.

Merrith

Habs just outplayed us most of the game. Pretty lucky to even get a point out of that.

Fadaar

That guy
Yea but it sure feels great dicking down Boston every now and then.

Also 10PM for tonight's game against VGK. Fuck and I have to watch it because
A) VGK always brings the fire.
B) I gotta make sure Reilly Smith gets some points, but not too many for fantasy.
C) Going for 12 straight
D) Coleman makes his debut with Tampa

Vegas giving em the dicking

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
For the love of GOD Detroit, please beat the Isles.

Sincerely, Every Ranger fan

Also Columbus losing another major player for the rest of the season. Leaving the door wide open for that 2nd WC spot.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
For the love of GOD Detroit, please beat the Isles.

Sincerely, Every Ranger fan

Also Columbus losing another major player for the rest of the season. Leaving the door wide open for that 2nd WC spot.

We just beat Montreal and don't face them or Boston again this year, so expecting us to get another win is asking a lot.

• 1Worf

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
We just beat Montreal and don't face them or Boston again this year, so expecting us to get another win is asking a lot.

Isles lost their last 4 and have only scored 2 goals in those games. So it's either actually doable, or a classic trap game where they are do to break out of the slump and come out flying. I chose to believe the former out of desperation, but sadly you're probably right.

• 1Solidarity