2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So is it too early to ask for a payout after leading my pool by 20 points when the season was suspended?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, youll have to wait for the NHL to decide what its doing with the regular season.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-Augello/Is-Voynov-a-viable-option-for-Leafs/

winds are changing for Voynov.

Untitled.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ovechkin v Gretzky tonight on capitals Twitch channel 8 pm EST. Benefits/donations go to food bank in Edmonton and charity service in DC area that makes free meals for healthcare workers and first responders.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Ovechkin v Gretzky tonight on capitals Twitch channel 8 pm EST. Benefits/donations go to food bank in Edmonton and charity service in DC area that makes free meals for healthcare workers and first responders.

This is so fucking quality. Way to go, guys. Fun AND serving a purpose.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
In this scenario, the Ducks and Sabres would get a shot at the cup and NYR wouldn't.

This would be a bummer for Ranger fans, but getting at worst 7th OA in this insane draft would be so awesome. It's gonna be a highly controversial Stanley Cup victory for whoever wins anyway.

Merrith

In this scenario, the Ducks and Sabres would get a shot at the cup and NYR wouldn't.

This would be a bummer for Ranger fans, but getting at worst 7th OA in this insane draft would be so awesome. It's gonna be a highly controversial Stanley Cup victory for whoever wins anyway.

Honestly...it shouldn't be that big of a bummer for Ranger fans. Neither Ducks nor Sabres are winning the Cup, even with a chance (I mean...99.999999%), and this goes back to my argument for those that don't like the current playoff format with the idea that the 3rd place team in one division could be worse than the 6th place team in the other within the same conference. If you can't even finish in the top 5 in your division, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyways (in this case, top 6 out of 8 with the Rags).

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If you can't even finish in the top 5 in your division, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyways (in this case, top 6 out of 8 with the Rags).

Idk man, when you compare the Metro with the Atlantic division the past few years things get messy. The 7th place Metro Rangers have a better win% than the third in the Atlantic (Leafs) with the same amount of games played. I have personally always hated this format.

But Ranger fans would mostly be bummed because we were hitting our stride at the end and NYI/CBJ/CAR were struggling to stay ahead. Would we win the cup? Not likely, but I most of us never expected us to. It is more about getting our many young kids a taste of playoff hockey and taking the next step in the re-build. The way some of our guys were playing, we could of easily stole a round. Boston is the only team I would of given us no shot against. Also, Panarin was in the Hart trophy conversation but that probably wouldn't happen if the season didn't play out anyway so I digress.

I'm taking all these rumors with a grain of salt anyway. Honestly, Ducks would be the real losers in this scenario. They desperately need the pick.

Merrith

Idk man, when you compare the Metro with the Atlantic division the past few years things get messy. The 7th place Metro Rangers have a better win% than the third in the Atlantic (Leafs) with the same amount of games played. I have personally always hated this format.

But Ranger fans would mostly be bummed because we were hitting our stride at the end and NYI/CBJ/CAR were struggling to stay ahead. Would we win the cup? Not likely, but I most of us never expected us to. It is more about getting our many young kids a taste of playoff hockey and taking the next step in the re-build. The way some of our guys were playing, we could of easily stole a round. Boston is the only team I would of given us no shot against. Also, Panarin was in the Hart trophy conversation but that probably wouldn't happen if the season didn't play out anyway so I digress.

I'm taking all these rumors with a grain of salt anyway. Honestly, Ducks would be the real losers in this scenario. They desperately need the pick.

I think it kind of sucks mainly just because it wasn't like teams had a warning that the season might end in ~5 games. It was basically we're playing today and it was all shutdown shortly after.

Even the past few years, hell every year this format has been in existence, there's never been a 6th place team in one division in the conference that had more points/better record/better tiebreaker than the 3rd place team in the other division in the conference. It's been damn close at times, but in the end the "flex" wild cards of letting both be from the same division has worked so far.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Merrith Merrith You know the world is coming to an end when Tom Wilson isn't the least likable Cap.

Don't know much about Leipsic, but the outrage is funny shit. I'm sure that's how most young pro athletes talk. Shit, I said my share of cringey dumb crap at that age myself.

He crossed the line making fun of his linemates for playing video games though. Fuck him!

Merrith

Merrith Merrith You know the world is coming to an end when Tom Wilson isn't the least likable Cap.

Don't know much about Leipsic, but the outrage is funny shit. I'm sure that's how most young pro athletes talk. Shit, I said my share of cringey dumb crap at that age myself.

He crossed the line making fun of his linemates for playing video games though. Fuck him!

yeah I'm sure a lot of guys do talk that way. I haven't looked at any specific comments to see how bad they were. It's mildly amusing to me cause Leipsic was the odd man out after the Kovy trade and was getting scratched on a nightly basis.

The Wilson hate is still funny, too. Guy has probably been doing more charity and good works off the ice than anyone.