2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just play the rest of the season with empty stadiums. Can't believe that we're the retards and Europe is the smart ones on this issue.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just play the rest of the season with empty stadiums. Can't believe that we're the retards and Europe is the smart ones on this issue.

The problem is players are starting to be diagnosed. The Utah Jazz player has played in 3 stadiums/locker rooms shared with hockey teams in the last 10 days. Detroit, Boston and Toronto.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is players are started to be diagnosed. The Utah Jazz player has played in 3 stadiums/locker rooms shared with hockey teams in the last 10 days. I think it was Pittsburgh, Columbus and Toronto.

yeah and he was already recovered before tipoff. if it weren't for all the hysteria, he wouldn't even have been tested in the first place. These are young men in their physical prime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not how this works. He can still be contagious to others while not showing symptoms.

Who cares? I doubt he's the only one who would pop for covid if they tested the entire NBA roster tomorrow, because healthy young adults either never show symptoms or show mild short-lived symptoms like Gobert did. Saying they shouldn't even play for empty arenas is like saying that nobody anywhere in the entire country should go to work because of the virus.

• 1Picard

joz123

Potato del Grande
Who cares? I doubt he's the only one who would pop for covid if they tested the entire NBA roster tomorrow, because healthy young adults either never show symptoms or show mild short-lived symptoms like Gobert did. Saying they shouldn't even play for empty arenas is like saying that nobody anywhere in the entire country should go to work because of the virus.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It's not even so much the young players, but the chance of exposing people with compromised immune systems, etc to the virus. Honestly all of us under 40 could not give a fuck about it, but for older people and people with the compromised immune systems it's something that could be life or death.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's not even so much the young players, but the chance of exposing people with compromised immune systems, etc to the virus. Honestly all of us under 40 could not give a fuck about it, but for older people and people with the compromised immune systems it's something that could be life or death.
Yes. I remember the death tolls caused by Jordan’s flu game and Magic’s HIV All-Star game. The NBA learned some valuable lessons from all that carnage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes. I remember the death tolls caused by Jordan’s flu game and Magic’s HIV All-Star game. The NBA learned some valuable lessons from all that carnage

All of civilization was wiped out by the NBA's recklessness and this is just a dream.

• 1Like

Merrith

If only either of these comparisons were worth a damn, this comment might mean something.

Merrith

For people who don’t lose their fucking minds over a virus, they are.

lethality rate is much higher than the flu, and obviously the way HIV spreads versus this is just laughable to compare. I don't disagree about the whole "hysteria" being slightly over the top, but just being like "lul Jordan didn't kill peeps with the flu game" is dumb man.

Fadaar

That guy
Sigh, assuming they're going to follow the NBA and shitcan the rest of the regular season. Which as a Lightning fan is definitely NOT a bad thing, they've been kicked in the dick pretty hard by injuries. McDonagh, Stamkos, Hedman have all missed multiple games recently, with Stamkos still expected to miss another month+ . Kinda need those three healthy for a playoff push.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
lethality rate is much higher than the flu, and obviously the way HIV spreads versus this is just laughable to compare. I don't disagree about the whole "hysteria" being slightly over the top, but just being like "lul Jordan didn't kill peeps with the flu game" is dumb man.

Corona lethality is no different than any other form of pneumonia. Your just spouting ignorant fake news because you bought into the hysteria

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that they are going to suspend the season. I would expect MLB to delay the regular season as well. As far as what to do when it returns I guess it depends how long the delay is. If it's only a couple of weeks the NHL will probably just resume. But if it goes longer (say a month) maybe just start the playoffs. Longer than that and I think they cancel the season outright.