2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Fadaar

That guy
After the first round actually starts they better either quit testing entirely or just lie and every test happens to be negative

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Official broadcast schedules are out:

Sportsnet announces Stanley Cup Qualifiers broadcasting schedule - Sportsnet.ca

NBC SPORTS TO PRESENT UP TO 120 HOURS OF 2020 STANLEY CUP QUALIFIERS COVERAGE ON NBC, NBCSN AND USA NETWORK BEGINNING AUGUST 1 - NBC Sports Pressbox

or a nice cheat sheet someone made.
iylPD9b.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really wondering how the break affects the Capitals. We started out so hot this year the first couple months, but we always seem to go through a down cycle later in the year. Not that I'd call us an old team, but definitely have some older stars that maybe benefited from the break. Dillon and Kovalchuk getting a training camp should help them acclimate, too.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really wondering how the break affects the Capitals. We started out so hot this year the first couple months, but we always seem to go through a down cycle later in the year. Not that I'd call us an old team, but definitely have some older stars that maybe benefited from the break. Dillon and Kovalchuk getting a training camp should help them acclimate, too.

It will be interesting to see how every team comes out of it. Usually with long breaks like this we see an immense increase in scoring to where something like 30% of goals are scored in October.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I was going to buy the NHL.tv thing for 5 bucks but shit, it looks like every CHI game is being broadcast on NBCSN. As Borat would say, very niiiccee.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dougie Hamilton and Brett Pesce look to be out for the play in. I kind of already liked our chances against the Canes but this all seems too perfect so now i'm guessing Canes in 4. Not fooling me. Canes have the depth in any event, but losing those two hurts, especially if it bumps Skjei to the top pair. No way is he keeping up with Panarin, Mika or Kreider. Boston have a few big names not even practicing yet is pretty ideal for everyone too.

Hype is intensifying.

Leafs in 4
Isles in 3
Pens in 4
Jets in 3
Oilers in 4
Nucks in 5
Preds in 5

Merrith

Samsonov hurt somehow, won't be our backup for playoffs. Should be ready for start of next season. In Holtby we trust!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Samsonov hurt somehow, won't be our backup for playoffs. Should be ready for start of next season. In Holtby we trust!

Yeah, wasn't gonna mention that cause I love Holtby but that would make me nervous. Not because I don't think he can handle the pressure, but I think we are gonna see alot of injuries in these playoffs do to the 0 to 100 factor. Depth is gonna be tested big time.

Merrith

Yeah, wasn't gonna mention that cause I love Holtby but that would make me nervous. Not because I don't think he can handle the pressure, but I think we are gonna see alot of injuries in these playoffs do to the 0 to 100 factor. Depth is gonna be tested big time.

Holts pretty much a model of durability, so hopefully that continues. We'll see how it goes

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I still have my doubts about this season actually finishing, but now that the season is in Holtby's hands at least the asterisks next to the title will make it easier to swallow when we're eliminated early

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dougie Hamilton and Brett Pesce look to be out for the play in. I kind of already liked our chances against the Canes but this all seems too perfect so now i'm guessing Canes in 4. Not fooling me. Canes have the depth in any event, but losing those two hurts, especially if it bumps Skjei to the top pair. No way is he keeping up with Panarin, Mika or Kreider. Boston have a few big names not even practicing yet is pretty ideal for everyone too.

Hype is intensifying.

Leafs in 4
Isles in 3
Pens in 4
Jets in 3
Oilers in 4
Nucks in 5
Preds in 5

Both Dougie and Pesce are on the Phase 4 roster although Pesce would not show up until September if possible. I think Hamilton is still the wild card. He's started practicing when training camp first started but then pulled back late. I'm biased so I'm going to say Canes in 5 despite the injuries (Canes are bringing all 4 goalies). But it's impossible to know how much the layoff affects these teams. Also if for some reason the locker room gets a couple of infections, all bets are off.

Last edited: