2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Montreal had a great start to this game, but they are screwing things up.

Watching them play without fans is bloody strange. An adjustment for sure. They're doing a pretty good job with the technology and the seats being covered and all that. So good to have hockey back on.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Screw this asterisk cup. Literally means nothing, shut it down, waste of time.

*crying internally

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kadri with game winner with literally 0.1 on the clock. That's insanity.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Man that was a great game! Av's postgame was saying thats possibly the latest goal in NHL history. So sick!

Only time I missed the crowd was when they announced good goal.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
No Rangers, no Pens for the #1 pick, please.

God forbid one of the biggest markets gets their first 1OA in 55 years. Our no.2 pick was the first top 5 in 54 years. Doesn't matter, I highly doubt we would get that lucky anyway.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Svech is a big time player. Kid is only 20 years old.

He's so impressive. First one was a softy (arguably the second too), but he's so noticable everytime he's on the ice. Plays with an edge to boot. Not a knock on Dahlin, but Svech is the exact winger that Eichel needs. They messed that one up in hindsight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

God forbid one of the biggest markets gets their first 1OA in 55 years. Our no.2 pick was the first top 5 in 54 years. Doesn't matter, I highly doubt we would get that lucky anyway.

More like don't want to see a team that literally had a shot to win the Cup get the #1 overall pick.

I mean seriously, Detroit is picking #4.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
More like don't want to see a team that literally had a shot to win the Cup get the #1 overall pick.

I mean seriously, Detroit is picking #4.

You singled (doubled?) out two teams though. I wouldn't of said shit otherwise.

Merrith

You singled (doubled?) out two teams though. I wouldn't of said shit otherwise.

Yeah because those are the two teams I dislike the most that are currently down in their series. Would you want us to have a shot at the #1 pick if we were swapped with Pittsburgh in the standings (a whole 4 standings points when the season was stopped) and lost in the play in round? Frankly any team that has a shot at the Cup also having a shot at the #1 pick is dumb...and at this point literally one of those 8 teams that lose in the play in round will get that pick.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah because those are the two teams I dislike the most that are currently down in their series. Would you want us to have a shot at the #1 pick if we were swapped with Pittsburgh in the standings (a whole 4 standings points when the season was stopped) and lost in the play in round? Frankly any team that has a shot at the Cup also having a shot at the #1 pick is dumb...and at this point literally one of those 8 teams that lose in the play in round will get that pick.

I'd be pitching a shitfit if I was a Wings fan

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

It was being put in the same sentence as the Pens in this particular regard that threw me off, all things considered. Given their history, the context confused me.

I get the play in round controversy, but there are valid arguments both ways. In normal circumstances, Detroit would of still gotten screwed by the lottery.

Merrith

It was being put in the same sentence as the Pens in this particular regard that threw me off, all things considered. Given their history, the context confused me.

I get the play in round controversy, but there are valid arguments both ways. In normal circumstances, Detroit would of still gotten screwed by the lottery.

I mean after the Pens, who am I supposed to hate more than the Rags? Then Caps fans probably have a group including the Isles, Philly, Boston, and Tampa.