2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Canes for me

Eh. I guess there's a Southeast connection there, but even with that 7 game series last year the only real fiery highlight was the Ovechkin fight (which was just weird and out of place all on its own). I don't get the sense when we play them the team is really fired up to play against those guys. Seems like a lot of people are trying to push it as a rivalry and it's just not there I think compared to any of those other teams I listed. They'd be in the next group below all those imo.

Merrith

I should say, I'd probably rank Columbus above Carolina even as far as rivals go.

Pretty decent round robin game with us and Tampa. Going OT.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eh. I guess there's a Southeast connection there, but even with that 7 game series last year the only real fiery highlight was the Ovechkin fight (which was just weird and out of place all on its own). I don't get the sense when we play them the team is really fired up to play against those guys. Seems like a lot of people are trying to push it as a rivalry and it's just not there I think compared to any of those other teams I listed. They'd be in the next group below all those imo.
I was at every home game so it's impossible to remove emotion from that as you should know.

Merrith

I was at every home game so it's impossible to remove emotion from that as you should know.

Every playoff game will have emotion, I just don't think Canes are anywhere near top of our rivals list at all, but I'm sure it means a little more against them than some random game against Vancouver or something.

Merrith

much as I don't want to play the Caps again it'd be a good series

Yeah, solid back and forth game overall each team kinda had periods where they looked more dominant. I'd be scared of you guys, but it would probably be good hockey.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be pitching a shitfit if I was a Wings fan
Hitting 4th feels worse than missing first as a wings fan. I hope Edmonton wins the lottery and it forces the nhl to change the system. The worst team in the league having a 50.1% chance to draft 4th is dumb.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Every playoff game will have emotion, I just don't think Canes are anywhere near top of our rivals list at all, but I'm sure it means a little more against them than some random game against Vancouver or something.

I’m tossing them in there with the other 4 you mentioned. I’d put rags at 2 I guess.

Fadaar

That guy
I gotta say the audio guys in the arenas are doing a fucking phenomenal job at making feel like a packed house. Never thought it would work but it really does.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I’m tossing them in there with the other 4 you mentioned. I’d put rags at 2 I guess.

Maybe it's just cause I'm an older fan. But even in the Ovechkin era, obviously Pens are #1, between '09 and '15 we made the playoffs 6 times out of 7 years and played the Rags in 5 of those playoffs. Philly we've played twice in the playoffs since Ovechkin has been here, plus all the Patrick division history. Tampa swept us back in '11, ECF in '18, fucking St Louis back in '03, all the Stamkos/Ovechkin comparisons. Boston...Joel Ward says hello< Holtby's insane record against them, and all the Chara v Ovi battles. Isles all the history (Easter Epic), plus beating Halak when he was there, and they have Trotz now. Columbus with all the history with Torts. Hell even the Montreal series from '10 with Halak stings worse than last year by far.

But I'd have Carolina above Jersey within the Metro, and the other 5 teams in the Atlantic aside from Tampa/Boston/Montreal.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I gotta say the audio guys in the arenas are doing a fucking phenomenal job at making feel like a packed house. Never thought it would work but it really does.

I dont really notice it most of the time. Which probably means its working since it doesnt really take me out of the action. The only time I really thought anything about it was during a big hit. Hearing a phantom crowd going 'Ooooo,' was kind of weird.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I agree, the Caps mean more to the Canes than the other way around (coming from a Canes fan). We really don't have any natural rivalries yet because we haven't been good for awhile. Back during the Cup year, I'd say the one we 'hated' the most was probably Buffalo. All that being said though, another Caps/Canes series would definitely help whatever 'rivalry' is starting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I agree, the Caps mean more to the Canes than the other way around (coming from a Canes fan). We really don't have any natural rivalries yet because we haven't been good for awhile. Back during the Cup year, I'd say the one we 'hated' the most was probably Buffalo. All that being said though, another Caps/Canes series would definitely help whatever 'rivalry' is starting.

Yeah a few more playoff series would probably up it quickly. You look at the old Southeast...hard to say real rivalries came out of it, we've just happened to play Tampa 3 times in the playoffs, and there's a bit of the #1 overall pick hype comparisons with Stamkos and Ovechkin going on. Without that crazy period playing the Rangers as much as we did most Caps fans probably wouldn't have them as high as others like Philly/Isles.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn I'm glad Carlson was out. You could say we were missing Stamkos but I believe Carlson would've been more impactful there. That guy was killing it this season.

Also ovi did point so dirty

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs win 3-0 but Muzzin had to be stretchered off the ice. Twisted his neck pretty badly. Hopefully hes ok.