2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's the thing, traditionally speaking McDavid isn't even in his prime yet. Time will tell though.

They're a bit different, too, in that I think McDavid is a little bit more of a goal scorer than Sid was. At least initially. Sid later took on more goal scoring as part of his role but McDavid is far more the blow past the entire D and score a highlight reel goal guy than Sid was initially.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Speaking of.... casual 6 point night for McD

Always impressive, obviously, although feasting on Avs starting a kid in his first career game due to injuries to both Grubauer and their backup makes me feel bad for the kid.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What in the actual heck is wrong with Toronto?

Also, the refs are sure trying hard to give New Jersey a win here. Fortunately Montreal is holding them off. There were 9 penalties called in the first 10 minutes of the third period. Ridiculous.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
....and Holtby outduels Halak. That Vrana shootout goal, filthy.

I went to this game. Caps absolutely dominated the game in every facet, minus Halak making a bunch of absurd saves and Holtby essentially surrendering a goal on every dangerous opportunity presented. Holtby also got beat badly on the third shot of the shootout, can't remember who took the shot, but he had the entire net wide open and Holtby sprawled helplessly on the ice, but he somehow managed to shoot it directly into Holtby's defenseless body. That being said, somehow the Caps won and I'll take any win, earned or not

Merrith

I went to this game. Caps absolutely dominated the game in every facet, minus Halak making a bunch of absurd saves and Holtby essentially surrendering a goal on every dangerous opportunity presented. Holtby also got beat badly on the third shot of the shootout, can't remember who took the shot, but he had the entire net wide open and Holtby sprawled helplessly on the ice, but he somehow managed to shoot it directly into Holtby's defenseless body. That being said, somehow the Caps won and I'll take any win, earned or not

I know both teams were coming off games last night, so wasn't expecting us to show that much sustained pressure like we did. Give credit to Halak, although we hit some posts, too (holy hell that Carlson blast near end of regulation before Oshie tied it). Noticed we won a ton of faceoffs, missing Bergeron hurts them a lot.

If it was us against Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals I wouldn't complain (since it would probably be a pretty great series and we would be in the ECF already).

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
My hope for the Rangers this season was always to be as fun to watch as the Leafs. Mission was accomplished but not the way I was expecting!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Imagine paying this man $9,000,000 for three years

Talking about PK if that wasn't clear...

• 1Like

Merrith

StoiCynic StoiCynic No Backstrom, Hagelin, or Dowd tonight. Had to pull off some salary cap shit to get a good bit of Hershey Bears up to field a full roster tonight for 4th game in 6th nights. Good chance for you guys.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
StoiCynic StoiCynic No Backstrom, Hagelin, or Dowd tonight. Had to pull off some salary cap shit to get a good bit of Hershey Bears up to field a full roster tonight for 4th game in 6th nights. Good chance for you guys.

Yeah, ppg 1C Ryan Strome and our entire AHL bottom six gonna have their way with the caps tonight :rolleyes:

Zibanijad missing his 10th game tonight unfortunately.
Panarin so good he has literally made Strome a ppg player. A true magician.

Merrith

Unless Kakko plays that is. He isn't an AHL player, but my poor Finnish son has had the flu

Hey man, 4th game in 6 nights gotta take a bit of a toll on us. It's also 8th game in 14 nights. After tonight we only play 1 game in the next week so they might be looking ahead to bit of a break.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hey man, 4th game in 6 nights gotta take a bit of a toll on us. It's also 8th game in 14 nights. After tonight we only play 1 game in the next week so they might be looking ahead to bit of a break.

Here's hoping. My only ask when we play the Caps is no injuries, winning is just a bonus.

Merrith

Here's hoping. My only ask when we play the Caps is no injuries, winning is just a bonus.

We still play heavy, honestly Hathaway has been our biggest fighter this year if I'm not mistaken and he's out for 3 games now. I thought that Gudas might take over that role since Tom Wilson is now an offensive weapon and PKer that we need on the ice at all times, but Hathaway has been tough.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
wow...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't expecting it this soon, but not shocked. Keefe was the obvious choice, but dude was involved with some bizarre and rapey behavior back in the day. Not sure I like that look for the Leafs.