2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Absolute domination of the Atlantic division by our boys. Crushing the top of the league 6-1 and I was there!

Ovi is literally the Brady of Hockey looking amazing for a “old fart.”

We’re ready, bring on the playoffs.

Looooong way to go. Although I'm with you, team looks super deep this year and Holtby looks back to himself. Just want to get special teams tuned up over the season and figure out optimal setups for bottom 6 forwards and who the best fit at 6D is.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looooong way to go. Although I'm with you, team looks super deep this year and Holtby looks back to himself. Just want to get special teams tuned up over the season and figure out optimal setups for bottom 6 forwards and who the best fit at 6D is.
Don’t mind my drunk post. I realized it’s only November after waking up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Absolute domination of the Atlantic division by our boys. Crushing the top of the league 6-1 and I was there!

Ovi is literally the Brady of Hockey looking amazing for a “old fart.”

We’re ready, bring on the playoffs.

ovi is a legend, and clear hall of famer but he might need a few more cups before he can be in the same convo as Brady’s dominance.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ovi is a legend, and clear hall of famer but he might need a few more cups before he can be in the same convo as Brady’s dominance.

I just meant the comparison for how they play now at their current age. They both are freaks is all I meant. I didn’t mean to suggest anything but the physical state the two are at. Like he’s playing great but he’s absolutely not a Brady in terms of rings or success.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
makes more sense, however Ovi is ONLY 34,

Lets talk about Zdeno Chara at 43!
He is a +10 with 4 points so far !

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I agree he needs another Cup or two to hit that really high rareified air, a winger who only plays 20-24 minutes a night in a 60 minute game versus QB position who takes every offensive snap isn't a fair comparison in general. Not downplaying the team aspect of football, either, but it's even more so true in hockey.

Also I'm biased as fuck, but if in another 6-7 years Ovechkin really is threatening Gretzky's goal record...that will an achievement of a different level across all sports in that it was one of those "Gretzky records" that was deemed absolutely untouchable, ever. Another Cup at some point and if he scores 895+ goals I think Ovechkin has to be talked about in top 10 players all time, maybe even top 5 if you're throwing in one as the ultimate goal scorer (who's going to end up pretty high on overall points chart by the time he's finished, too).

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Wow. All 3 end up gliding around below the goal line, so even if two don’t wipe out that was still going 3-0 the other way.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
That was the call of John Kelly's life. That or when Schwartz scored with 15 seconds left in Game 5 against Winnipeg in the playoffs last year.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Goddamn the Wings have been playing poorly for a while now. I was only able to watch the highlights after the game, but the Rags win last night was pretty ugly. Not looking forward to the shit I'm going to get from the rest of the family today about it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Goddamn the Wings have been playing poorly for a while now. I was only able to watch the highlights after the game, but the Rags win last night was pretty ugly. Not looking forward to the shit I'm going to get from the rest of the family today about it.

My sympathies. Only thing worse than getting smeared by the Sens is getting smeared by the team that got smeared by the Sens.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Going to Canucks vs Caps if anyone wants to pregame.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Bobby Brows looked incredibly promising until he wrecked both of his knees two years in a row. The Blues have so much depth at forward, he couldn't get back on the ice last year for sustained amount of time to get going again. For some reason, he doesn't fit into Berube's game plan and he has spent most of the season in the press box. He remains beloved in St. Louis. I was glad to see him score twice last night. Looks like Detroit is a good fit.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Bobby Brows looked incredibly promising until he wrecked both of his knees two years in a row. The Blues have so much depth at forward, he couldn't get back on the ice last year for sustained amount of time to get going again. For some reason, he doesn't fit into Berube's game plan and he has spent most of the season in the press box. He remains beloved in St. Louis. I was glad to see him score twice last night. Looks like Detroit is a good fit.

We just need to call up Joe Veleno and we will become unstoppable.

photo.php

robby-fabbri-2018-36.jpg

photo.php

• 1Worf