2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Looks like that was legit. Really looking forward to this kicking off even though Chicago is probably going to get mopped up by Edmonton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Looks like that was legit. Really looking forward to this kicking off even though Chicago is probably going to get mopped up by Edmonton.

Anything is possible, by the time things kick off it will practically be a new season but with playoff stakes. One way or the other it's gonna be entertaining as hell, I can't wait.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how I feel about the whole thing. We'll see how it goes, though.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how I feel about the whole thing. We'll see how it goes, though.

I'm hyped atm for my own selfish reasons, but if next season doesn't start till January then ultimately it probably wont be worth it for 90% of the leagues fanbases. ESPECIALLY if you are one of the 7 teams left out.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking forward to seeing who Detroit drafts 4th overall.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Ring up another Richard for Ovechkin. Feel like Pastrnak shouldn't get a piece since Bruins had 70 games to Caps' 69 played, but we can be nice about it.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
lets get these fucking games going i need some sports in my life

edit:
fan or not, this video is fucking awesome. also if Killorn actually produced this he's got another career in store for him after hockey.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Let’s go hockey! Fuck Ya

This entire pandemic was designed to give my Canucks some time to heal up. 1st round vs Mini, Wild are going down harder then their local Target.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Stamkos was injured and I don't remember if he was due back in time for the start of the playoffs so the time off was nice but good lord it's overstayed its welcome

• 2Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Ring up another Richard for Ovechkin. Feel like Pastrnak shouldn't get a piece since Bruins had 70 games to Caps' 69 played, but we can be nice about it.

Him in for Hart Consideration over Panarin makes even less sense. Equal points in 1 less game playing on the so-called "perfection line" while Panarin dragged a bottom 5 team to a post season playing with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast. Also has the most 5v5 goals in the league, 10 more than the second most's MacKinnon (also a Hart finalist with LESS points). Makes literally no sense, but whatever I guess. They are gonna give it to Drai anyway who literally got most of his points with the literal best Forward in the league. Art Ross=Hart apparently.

Merrith

Him in for Hart Consideration over Panarin makes even less sense. Equal points in 1 less game playing on the so-called "perfection line" while Panarin dragged a bottom 5 team to a post season playing with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast. Also has the most 5v5 goals in the league, 10 more than the second most's MacKinnon (also a Hart finalist with LESS points). Makes literally no sense, but whatever I guess. They are gonna give it to Drai anyway who literally got most of his points with the literal best Forward in the league. Art Ross=Hart apparently.

When you say most 5v5 goals in the league, I assume you mean among Hart candidates?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Canucks have a chance at backs to back Calder winners. Rookie Dman with 53 points in 68 games...

2 other dman who lead all Rookies in points?

Brian leetch and Bobby Orr

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't care for the idea of playoff teams being in the lottery. I assume the is the proposal that was floated before where the Wings will can only slip to 2nd?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don't care for the idea of playoff teams being in the lottery. I assume the is the proposal that was floated before where the Wings will can only slip to 2nd?

I'm not really sure, there were new rumors around it almost daily so it's hard to know what was true. Definitely not the best, or fairest scenario for the Wings though. I swear if Pittsburgh, Edmonton or Toronto win it's gonna be a real tough pill to swallow. Buffalo too I guess, though maybe they will finally release poor Eichel.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Canucks have a chance at backs to back Calder winners. Rookie Dman with 53 points in 68 games...

2 other dman who lead all Rookies in points?

Brian leetch and Bobby Orr

Gonna be close between him and Makar, but fwiw I like Hughes alot. Definitely gives off those Brian Leetch vibes for me.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ovi shouldnt have skipped the All Star game.

• 1Like
I'm hyped atm for my own selfish reasons, but if next season doesn't start till January then ultimately it probably wont be worth it for 90% of the leagues fanbases. ESPECIALLY if you are one of the 7 teams left out.

I am not confident the NFL or NBA can pull off a satisfying season. But I think a NHL season starting in Jan might be a sweet spot timing-wise. 2020 will be over.

• 2Like

Merrith

Ovi shouldnt have skipped the All Star game.

I wasn't talking about personal games played, the Bruins actually played 70 games while the Caps only played 69. Pastrnak actually has 2 more games played because of this and the all star game. Once you've gone 7+ times you should get to skip if you want, especially at 30+ for health reasons.