2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys have trouble. Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper all want to be the highest paid at their positions. Do you think you can win a Superbowl with these guys? I don't think so particularly if you over pay them all. I think you trade or cut them after the contracts are done. Boot Garrett as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cowboys have trouble.

• 4Worf
  • 1Touchdown
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Just a bruise, why couldn't it be multiple torn ligaments and broken

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cowboys have trouble. Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper all want to be the highest paid at their positions. Do you think you can win a Superbowl with these guys? I don't think so particularly if you over pay them all. I think you trade or cut them after the contracts are done. Boot Garrett as well.

lol prescott

• 1Home Run
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I refuse to believe prescott is that stupid. He'd have to think he's the best QB in the league. Zeke might have a case, but I don't think cooper thinks he's the best either.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Prescott going straight to highest paid is fucking laughable, I doubt the Cowboys will go down that road. Elliott is great but I don't see him doing himself any favors right now, especially since he just took off to Cabo. I'm not sure what to think of Cooper yet, great mid season pick up. At least Prescott and Cooper didn't go full retard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers top 10 defense Nick Bosa DROY.
I hate the pre-season because I read far too much 49ers info, and they always get my hopes up. However, with all of the improvements on the defense it is entirely possible. They still have major question marks in the secondary, but if they can stay healthy and play to their potential, top 10 is absolutely doable.

It's kind of fucked up though.

I remember the days when RBs were respected commodities. I understand the game has evolved and is more passing oriented, but it doesnt mean that the RB position should fall off a cliff value wise.

It's almost like teams are trying to muffle RB glory in a weird way, almost turning them into a novelty position like a kicker.

Even then, good kickers are extremely valuable and can greatly influence a game. The difference is kickers have way more longevity, whereas a RB usually gets 4 or maybe 5 years to really make an impact before wear and tear takes its toll.

This should be recognized and appreciated. Doesn't mean I think Zeke deserves a new contract, or Gordon is right to hold out, just that top end RBs should be highly coveted and respected.

A quality RB gives you the ability to salt away games, control TOP, wear down the defense and most importantly PROVIDES BALANCE.

I don't care how good your passing game is, if you arent a threat to run it greatly hampers what you can do in the air.

Great evidence of this is the Packers and Patriots. Yea Rodgers and Brady can win with basically zero running game, but look how dangerous those teams are when they CAN run the ball. The Packers are much more dynamic when they have a guy that can rush for 100 yards and threaten play action.

When Blount was able to bulldoze his way to all those touchdowns a few years ago it made teams commit to the run, allowing Brady to pick them apart through the air.

When those teams dont run the ball well they can still beat you, but it's a lot more complicated and makes those star QBs more vulnerable having them drop back to pass 60 times a game.

Excellent post 100% agree.

A robust running threat is disorienting and fatiguing for a defense.

Maybe stretching a wee bit, but imagine your opponent is running plays with all this height aspect: QB's, tight ends and receivers all 6+ feet, and your own players also being pretty tall. Then all of a sudden comes some little dude with steam engine legs who can all of a sudden force those players to look down, not up.

RB's are real fun to watch once you get into how they kind of mess with a defense. And if you can get breakaway speed with that little package? With the right game plan, it can be a hoot to watch be used.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've come up with a solution for the cowboys. Make Dak the highest paid tight end in the league. That way his ego is stroked and he gets paid what he's worth. Who has Jerry's number, we gotta get this idea to him.

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We already discussed that. I was seriously considering going to London for the game, but this is probably the thing that will keep me from going. I don't wanna go all the way over there for a Green-less Bengals.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what Jerrick McKinnon can really do. His 3.8 YPC clip in 2017 was underwhelming, but he did average almost 7 yards per reception, which he had 51 of with only 200 or so overall touches.

570 rushing yards with only one start, 900 plus yards from scrimmage.

What can he do if he got 235 carries? He handled 68 targets, if you added another 20, your talking 875 yards rushing and 62 catches for 600 yards. You combine that with whatever Coleman/Brieda can give you and that rushing attack should be dangerous enough to cause added attention up front.

Kittle, Pettis and Deebo Samuel are more than capable of carrying the passing game along with Jimmy G if they all stay healthy.

Kwon Alexander and Fred Warner are going to light shit the fuck up in the middle of the field. Then you got Bosa and Ford on either edge, with Buckner and Thomas up the middle, with Sherman as the admiral in the back end? If the 49ers dont win 8 games Lynch and Shanhan need to be fired.