2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would trade him personally. Or make him work out his contract and 2 years of franchise tag then dump him like I'm hoping the Chargers do with Gordon. This lunatics want 13+ million.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's kind of fucked up though.

I remember the days when RBs were respected commodities. I understand the game has evolved and is more passing oriented, but it doesnt mean that the RB position should fall off a cliff value wise.

It's almost like teams are trying to muffle RB glory in a weird way, almost turning them into a novelty position like a kicker.

Even then, good kickers are extremely valuable and can greatly influence a game. The difference is kickers have way more longevity, whereas a RB usually gets 4 or maybe 5 years to really make an impact before wear and tear takes its toll.

This should be recognized and appreciated. Doesn't mean I think Zeke deserves a new contract, or Gordon is right to hold out, just that top end RBs should be highly coveted and respected.

A quality RB gives you the ability to salt away games, control TOP, wear down the defense and most importantly PROVIDES BALANCE.

I don't care how good your passing game is, if you arent a threat to run it greatly hampers what you can do in the air.

Great evidence of this is the Packers and Patriots. Yea Rodgers and Brady can win with basically zero running game, but look how dangerous those teams are when they CAN run the ball. The Packers are much more dynamic when they have a guy that can rush for 100 yards and threaten play action.

When Blount was able to bulldoze his way to all those touchdowns a few years ago it made teams commit to the run, allowing Brady to pick them apart through the air.

When those teams dont run the ball well they can still beat you, but it's a lot more complicated and makes those star QBs more vulnerable having them drop back to pass 60 times a game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah RB is kind of a shit gig. Get drafted, play 4 or 5 years, get franchised for a year or 2 then nobody wants you on a big contract because you're 30

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah RB is kind of a shit gig. Get drafted, play 4 or 5 years, get franchised for a year or 2 then nobody wants you on a big contract because you're 30

Or because you're like Todd Gurley and have arthritis concerns at age 25, but still have like $31M+ in guaranteed money on the contract you signed through 2023. Not like it's just him either, once these #1 back have 3 or 4 years in a row exceeding a certain amount of touches (granted, its a high amount of touches, but the top backs get that many)...their play declines drastically.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I imagine it will get reduced to 2 but doubt it gets lifted completely. He is still responsible for what he takes.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I imagine it will get reduced to 2 but doubt it gets lifted completely. He is still responsible for what he takes.

Very true but not very generous. Man admits his junk don't work right...and you kick him in the balls for good measure lol.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, pretty shitty all around but you check the meds a few days after taking it instead of right away and never take it.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
ya, pretty shitty all around but you check the meds a few days after taking it instead of right away and never take it.
Yeah, I don't understand how any professional athlete that knows they will get tested, doesn't check this shit before taking it. Really no excuse.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I get that, but during the offseason and immediately stops and reports it himself? If he gets anything should just be a game, tops.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully he took it long enough for it to be worth it, get some good news out of it all.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
At least I can enter the season with no hope instead of it washing away slowly, week by week.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users