2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pairing up Brown with Pro Bowl QB Prescott seems like a perfect fit!

You seem to have a mocking tone to your post, but when Zeke is lifting the Superbowl MVP trophy in 2020, who will have the last laugh then?????

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brown is like a 20 million cap hit whether he stays or goes because they deferred portions of it. I don't see the Steelers losing 20 million in space for a guy they get rid of. I think he stays in Pittsburgh or Rooney's old man comes back from the dead to beat the shit out of him for not making the right moves.

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
Whether the Steelers trade or release Brown, he costs $21.12 million in dead money against the salary cap on paper, they don't actually pay him ~12-15 mil of it from their bank depending on his roster bonus of 2.5 mil. Any team trading for him takes on his 12-15 mil cap hit depending on the date they trade. If they can't trade him, they can cut him post June 1st and the 21 mil of his cap hit is spread over 2 years, I think it's 15 this year and 7 next. They have cap space carrying over to this year from the Bell debacle, but they ate up a lot of it during midseason contract restructures. Ben is most certainly going to sign an extension and reduce the cap for this year and next. CB Joe Hadden is a 12 mil hit, he will be restructured/extended. They will probably cut/trade their tackle Gilbert, that's another 5 mil. Morgan Bennet already said he wants out, so that's a 4 mil savings. Kicking Boswell to the curb is another 2 mil. Then they have other decisions like Bud Dupree's 5th year option at 10 mil. Yeah, the 21 mil Brown hit sucks, but its really not that bad with the 14.5 Bell savings they gained (though mostly spent) and some obvious moves they would do anyway. I hope the Steelers photoshop his photoshop and turn his jersey in to a Bills jersey and banish him up there if he really doesn't stick around in the Burgh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Depends if Brown continues not showing up for work or not.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man, between Lev Bell and this, something is really fucked up in Pittsburg. I would love to see a receiver like AB in San Francisco, but he's really making himself look like a cancer right now. I guess he figures that's his only way out of the Steelers, but it makes me very afraid to have him on my team. If they bring him in I hope Shanahan and Lynch really sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him and find out why he's acting this way. A reciever like him along with the return of Jimmy G would instantly make the SF offense dangerous with Shanahan calling plays and then they could focus on getting a cornerback and edge rusher in the draft. That said, if he turns out to be a poison pill in the locker room it wouldn't be worth it.

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
Dat AB heart to heart, lawl. I love how Tomlin is a "player's coach" but he can't rein in many people over the years. Apparently, the Steelers are pursuing recourse to get money back from AB for all his shenanigans, skipping meetings/games, public grievances, etc detrimental to the team. So maybe his hit to the cap will be reduced by a tiny bit! AWWWWW yeah.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
AB and Bell have both benefitted from having a multiple superbowl winning hall of fame QB to play with all these years. It sticks in their craw that they are not the most important/respected person on their team because they are twats. Steeeles paid them both like top tier talent but I guess that's not enough for them. I wouldn't touch a 30 + year old reciever with that cap hit and baggage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
You seem to have a mocking tone to your post, but when Zeke is lifting the Superbowl MVP trophy in 2020, who will have the last laugh then?????

I don't see Jerry drafting another QB to make your prediction even remotely possible.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't see Jerry drafting another QB to make your prediction even remotely possible.

Don't need to. Watch out Dalton, gotta new Red Rocket in town!

i

Fact: Garrett played Dak in the meaningless week 17 game to prevent Rush from coming in and putting on a performance that would shatter all previous records and provide further proof on what a mistake Dak is

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
This is cool.

Emotional Philip Rivers thanks San Diego for its support

Philip Rivers simply wanted to say thanks to San Diego for the way it supported him during his first 13 seasons in the NFL.
"I certainly understand the mixed feelings and emotions many in San Diego have about our move," Rivers told the crowd in a hotel ballroom. "It's more than understandable. Those that still cheer and pull for us each week, we certainly appreciate it. I again, personally, want to express my gratitude for all the love and support that I've always felt in and around town, whenever I'm out and about."

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They must think they can get something for him. Either the 2 million from him or some draft picks and not having to pay his salary. Heck he might have asked them to try and use him as bait to ensure he has a 1 year deal for 20 million next year.