2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Evidently Ezekiel might of had to much fun in Las Vegas

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Had to be a really bad crash if they had to amputate his arm on the scene.

Do you think theyd let him play with a robot arm?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jesus Christ I would have been petrified of that guy as a HS QB in Penn back in those days lol wow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I read it on Pro Football Talk, but the were just referencing this:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't imagine paramedics would ever do an on-site amputation under anything but the most dire circumstances, like he's going to die imminently if you don't get him to the hospital but the (already badly damaged) arm is keeping him pinned in the wreck. If you're convinced he's going to lose the arm, you tie a goddamn tourniquet and let a SURGEON make that determination.

AngryGerbil AngryGerbil

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Can't imagine paramedics would ever do an on-site amputation under anything but the most dire circumstances, like he's going to die imminently if you don't get him to the hospital but the (already badly damaged) arm is keeping him pinned in the wreck. If you're convinced he's going to lose the arm, you tie a goddamn tourniquet and let a SURGEON make that determination.

AngryGerbil AngryGerbil

The only time I've heard of it possibly happening around here is when a concrete smoke stack collapsed pinning a worker. The medics kept him stable until a surgeon and a team arrived on scene. Even then I can't remember if they actually amputated or if they simply kept him stable until they got heavy machinery in to move the concrete block. I'd have to ask my medical director to re-tell the story.

Field amputations are not something your average medic is trained to do.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I could see it happening with direction over the phone from a doctor. Maybe.

It's also possible that rural EMS see's it more frequently. Urban vs Rural EMS are like two different worlds.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only time I've heard of it possibly happening around here is when a concrete smoke stack collapsed pinning a worker. The medics kept him stable until a surgeon and a team arrived on scene. Even then I can't remember if they actually amputated or if they simply kept him stable until they got heavy machinery in to move the concrete block. I'd have to ask my medical director to re-tell the story.

Field amputations are not something your average medic is trained to do.

Yeah I'm expecting a colossal lawsuit to unfold out of all this.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still expecting a massive lawsuit that the city will end up settling unless those paramedics have it on video that there was no way to extract him from the crash without amputating AND that his condition wasn't stable enough to wait for a surgeon. I mean god damn, they amputated the arm of a (now former) professional athlete.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user