2020 Academy Awards - No Willem Dafoe The Lighthouse nom

Szlia

It's a made for DVD type of Korean movie with no real acting, it looks like it was shot with a homecam, and the story is shallow and juvenile at best. This is the Oscars, though....where garbage like Black Panther can score three awards.
Go home Fucker Fucker , you're drunk.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People complain because there's so many shit movies being made these days. The answer? People like you think shit is steak.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People complain because there's so many shit movies being made these days. The answer? People like you think shit is steak.
I mean you seem to be the level of mad I would expect when Crash won, seems over the top.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha I didn't realize Crash won Best Picture. God that movie was so bad.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Shakespeare in Love winning Best Picture over Saving Private Ryan was the worst Best Picture snafu I can recall.

Crash won in a soft year. It went against Munich, Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Good Night and Good Luck. None of those films were particularly memorable in the modern era beyond Brokeback, mostly due to how it became a focus of jokes and memes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Shakespeare in Love winning Best Picture over Saving Private Ryan was the worst Best Picture snafu I can recall.

Crash won in a soft year. It went against Munich, Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Good Night and Good Luck. None of those films were particularly memorable in the modern era beyond Brokeback, mostly due to how it became a focus of jokes and memes.

Brokeback Mountain and Capote were much better than Crash. Don't think I saw the other two.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
For the most part, I find that there are plenty of movies to watch that are in english already so you can avoid both subtitles and dubbing which both suck. The only movie that I can think of that I really loved that wasn't in english was Pan's Labyrinth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I've seen some Portuguese shows that would suck in english.

The language itself is just fluid and adds something significant.

Cybsled

I remember when I visited my cousin in Rome about 15 years ago. Men in Black II was on some local TV station, dubbed into Italian. The guy who was voicing Will Smith sounded like a fucking gnome.

Fadaar

That guy
Only allowable dubs are properly done ones for animated works. Live action dubs unless it's something like Kung Pow should be outlawed.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Dubbing is almost always the worst. Cowboy Bebop being one of the few exceptions.
Not "almost". Dubbing ALWAYS reinterprets the cadences and tenor of the original. Even when it's performed well, it's shit.

That dude is a fucking moron.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You sound like someone who's has SJWs living in your head rent free and are now incapable of enjoying good things

• 2Worf